• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here's one I dont understand...

12 posts in this topic

Seller lists 2 coins. Same year, same grade, same holders, everthing the same except the coins themselves, in the same auction. I like one of them. Nothing that is a MUST have that I would reach and get the other coin as well just to get this one. So I PM the seller and ask him if he will split them up and offer that idea that he would probably have an easier time selling both coins that way. I look at his other listings and he does this like 5 other times. Im like man, at least mix and match the dates, someone might reach for a 2nd coin that way. He rejects my offer to buy the one coin. I offered slightly more than half what he was asking for the 2 so its not like I was also lowballing him. He declines and has now had the coins listed 3 seperate times for 30 day runs each time, each time running its course unsold. What in the world is the stubborness here all about?

The seller has be a bit nutty. :insane:

He should know that most collectors only want ONE example of most things. If you look at from the aspect of the demand curve, the first one might be worth $200 to the buyer while the second one might only be worth $100 to him. The only motivation for buying the second one would be a "quick flip" for an easy profit.

Seller lists 2 coins. Same year, same grade, same holders, everthing the same except the coins themselves, in the same auction. I like one of them. Nothing that is a MUST have that I would reach and get the other coin as well just to get this one. So I PM the seller and ask him if he will split them up and offer that idea that he would probably have an easier time selling both coins that way. I look at his other listings and he does this like 5 other times. Im like man, at least mix and match the dates, someone might reach for a 2nd coin that way. He rejects my offer to buy the one coin. I offered slightly more than half what he was asking for the 2 so its not like I was also lowballing him. He declines and has now had the coins listed 3 seperate times for 30 day runs each time, each time running its course unsold. What in the world is the stubborness here all about?

Not everyone has a mind for business. (shrug)

Not everyone has a mind for business. (shrug)

it is what it is

5 other times he lists duplicate coins in a multi coin auction? You gotta be kidding....

In fact 2 of the other auctions were for THREE of the same coin!

5 other times he lists duplicate coins in a multi coin auction? You gotta be kidding....

The seller probably didn't think it through prior to posting the listings.

IMO, If you have 4 of the same coin, same exact coins....List them in a Buy It Now style auction with best offer.

If someone wants all of the coins, they can buy all of them, if someone wants one coin, they can buy one coin.

Stubborn is an understatement with many sellers.

-Dave