• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

buying spree

23 posts in this topic

Sorry, but I see a bunch of mediocre looking coins and notes.

I don't think they are "mediocre." They are very nice, mid-grade coins.

But I forgot that you and I can't even agree on the sky being blue. (shrug)

Nice pick-up Jim!

-Dave

Sorry, but I see a bunch of mediocre looking coins and notes.

I don't think they are "mediocre." They are very nice, mid-grade coins.

But I forgot that you and I can't even agree on the sky being blue. (shrug)

Nice pick-up Jim!

-Dave

The Trade Dollar looks like it was in a knife fight, and lost.

jimbucks is apparently a collector with sufficient means, but seems to have an accumulation/quantity mentality as opposed to a collection/quality mentality.

But at the end of the day, if he's happy, then we should be happy for him.

CoinPulsive, I think we can agree on something someday.

Jim Bucks, I too like your pickups, especially the honest Indians plus Trade Dollar and SLQ. Yes, the notes might not be pristene, but they are better than what I have lol. Maybe you should put the Trade Dollar in for Guess The Grade. Thanks for sharing.

the notes might not be pristene, but they are better than what I have lol. Maybe you should put the Trade Dollar in for Guess The Grade. Thanks for sharing.

:headbang: He should post it in one of those.

I am with you on the paper money quality thing..But paper obviously isn't going to "survive circulation" as well as 90% silver coinage or clad coinage.

Ha, I gave up on collecting paper money the day I sold the 100 silver certificates I got from my Grandfather. 40 of them were $1.00 bills that I got, you guessed it $2.00 for. :sorry:

-Dave

What is the grade on that Trade Dollar?

It is ANACS AU-55 details Cleaned. I graded it $270. Decent for a type set. I will probably get it out of the holder and set it aside to see if it retones over the next few years.

I did not buy it for my collection -- I accumulate items that I think are a good value at the time. I think Trade dollars are such items.

Thanks for looking.

I actually like the notes. I'm not big on notes that look similar to our present notes but the $10 is a STAR note. I like the $5 better though.

Those early notes are just way too expensive for me and I don't know the first thing about grading so those are about in a grade that I'd consider...if I ever got the nerve.

Nice pick ups.

jom

Here's the info on the Trade dollar

1878_trade_obv.jpg

1878_rev.jpg

And the SLQ

1923_lib_ms66.jpg

1923_lib_rev_ms66.jpg

The paper money is raw. I like buying up the 1929 National star notes. They are pretty rare and undervalued in my opinion. The Chief note is always a good find for the right price.....and the price was right.

Thanks for looking.

What is the grade on that Trade Dollar?

It is ANACS AU-55 details Cleaned. I graded it $270. Decent for a type set. I will probably get it out of the holder and set it aside to see if it retones over the next few years.

I did not buy it for my collection -- I accumulate items that I think are a good value at the time. I think Trade dollars are such items.

Thanks for looking.

Jim--I LIKE the trade dollar----I really do. It is well-defined and an interesting piece. I figured it was in a details slab, though---It's just too bad about the cleaning scratches.

I like the SLQ, too. The fact that is in an old fattie MS 66 is even better. I, honestly, liked it even before I knew that but that just makes it better. Your image of the SLQ was rather small but I could still tell that it was a decent coin. Way to go!!!

Don't have any other pics of the 1923 SLQ as it is in transit.

BUT.....Just picked up ANOTHER 1923 SLQ also in MS-66.

Here is this one.

1923_SLQ-3.jpg

1923_OBV-2.jpg

1923_SLQ-REV-3.jpg