• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you find this CC attractive?

22 posts in this topic

Posted it ATS, the more opinions I read the better I feel. Purchased raw today, very reasonably priced. I was so excited to get home n shoot it. It's nice to shoot a coin that's clean/white and for the most part hit free. Currently laid off but managed to scrape up enough to purchase it. Morgans keep my spirits up. Posted 2 pics still can't decide which represents the coin better.

Have a great weekend everyone,

Scott

1883cccombo1.jpg

1883ccretakecombo1.jpg

I like the top pics better. The bottom ones are a little washed out. Looks like an attractive coin, with silky luster. I personally would prefer a little color, but you buy what you like.

Glad to see that you have something that can lift your spirits in the darker times - I know all too well what it's like to be unemployed. Hang in there, something great will come along.

<<I like the top pics better. The bottom ones are a little washed out. Looks like an attractive coin, with silky luster. I personally would prefer a little color, but you buy what you like.

>>

I agree, the top pic represents the coin with more accuracy. I give it 100% when shooting coins. I look at the coin inhand and study it's attributes. Is it white or toned? What's the depth of the mirrors? I then create a mental image of how the coin should be presented. It's the whole process that's rewarding, looking at the coin in the shop, talking coins with the shop owner, shooting it, post editing it and presenting it to my peers. I love shooting coins, mostly Morgans and will someday own a DSLR with a macro lens. For now my P&S will have to do. As crazy as it sounds, I'm going back to the same shop tomorrow, he has a bunch of CC GSA's at home, can't wait to see em. I won't even be able to sleep tonight, as GSA's will dance in my head. :)

I like the top picture of the obverse, and the bottom one of the reverse. If the parts of Liberty's cap that are saturated fully white on the bottom obverse picture looked like the top picture, I'd like the bottom obverse better.

Nice purchase for a raw coin, by the way. Looks every bit a 65.

<< I like the top picture of the obverse, and the bottom one of the reverse. If the parts of Liberty's cap that are saturated fully white on the bottom obverse picture looked like the top picture, I'd like the bottom obverse better.

Nice purchase for a raw coin, by the way. Looks every bit a 65.>>

Thanks for your perspective MD, when you speak I take note.

Have a great weekend,

Scott

Scott

A very clean CC. Looks to be bright white which I prefer and a Vam 4A. Only if it were in a GSA holder!! Great pickup..

Chet

I like it a lot. Very nice coin. I have been slowly working on picking up Morgans and it's a battle at times to find real clean ones without a lot of slider marks, etc. But a few small ones do not detract from the beauty of the Morgans. They are just darn gorgeous in my opinion and feel good when holding one. I wish the US Mint would make more coins with that kind of beauty. Maybe it's time for a change in the Eagle design.

Posted it ATS, the more opinions I read the better I feel. Purchased raw today, very reasonably priced. I was so excited to get home n shoot it. It's nice to shoot a coin that's clean/white and for the most part hit free. Currently laid off but managed to scrape up enough to purchase it. Morgans keep my spirits up. Posted 2 pics still can't decide which represents the coin better.

Have a great weekend everyone,

Scott

1883cccombo1.jpg

1883ccretakecombo1.jpg

that is really really ugly, just so you don't ever have to look at it again, I have a place in my house where I keep stuff like that, I'll pm my address