• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gereg, Dakra and Maulemall are in good company!

27 posts in this topic

I'd love to have Laura posting here. But, who knows, maybe she'll be back there posting with Dragon in no time. 27_laughing.gif

I like Laura and think she has some great balls (figuratively speaking). I honestly like her and her style. And I can say that after having only really spoken to her at shows! shocked.gif

I will admit that I am disappointed in Laura/Legend for a few things.

1) Why pull the original article? It was dead on. Buy coins you like and not the plastic. The Registry game won't last forever (and I believe has died down quite a bit). I understand that Legend sells a lot of coins to people who are PCGS Weenies, but still...

2) Why mention pulling the Legend Registry Sets? Do it and prove a point.Be the first of many.

3) Why allow PCGS to promote the Legend Set of Seated Dollars. Why promote something you don't believe in? Tell David Hall to shove it and that since you're not an authorized PCG$ dealer they can't use your coins to promote their company.

And yes, I understand who owns those Registry Sets, but if you're going to use the Legend name for those sets, they should be used in a manner best for Legend Coin and not their owner.

Unfortunately, I feel certain we will not.

Laura is experienced, knowledgeable, active and outspoken and would be truly welcomed on these boards. I can't imagine PCGS not wanting her on their boards. Of course, if she were banned, it would only be one in a series of perplexing decisions made by PCGS. However, those decisions, while eliciting anger or puzzlement within the moment, have not resulted in any discernible net loss for the PCGS boards or, most likely, for PCGS submissions. It is my opinion that PCGS counts on the loyalty of their submittors and posters and that they will not be disappointed in either.

This is likely another dragon episode where a good poster temporarily finds themselves on the outside looking in. In dragon's case, he returned to the relative security of the NGC boards but has been MIA since his computer glitch resolution. I guess we will find out what will happen with Laura.

Sounds like Laura's frustrated at both services. I hope she'll see fit to post here. I post on the boards because I enjoy talking to my collector/dealer buddies about coins. I don't post for the benefit of the companies involved. I'd hate to see her abandon the online community because she's frustrated with the hosts.

When is the Collectors Society press conference?

Let me put another spin on this whole situation.

PCGS and NGC seem to be in a bit of competition in recent times, they both want to out do each other... Hall is not a happy man.. Along comes a Legend Hot Topic, which coincidentally is still on the site. Look Here!

It's can be viewed as a knock against PCGS and positive for NGC, thus making Hall an even more unhappy man. PCGS is in a battle with NGC and along comes Legend to add fuel to the fire.

Even though I have little interest in the Registry, I liked the article. I have a new found respect for Laura... when is she posting here?

Dave

I've felt from the very beginning that Laura is good for the boards. Unfortunately, I doubt that she'll post much around here unless she can get used to the software.

EVP

Wait, Dakra and Maulemaul got banned too?

What's the story?

I wish my own banning had been more glorified, but alas, too few people saw it.

Unfortunately, I doubt that she'll post much around here unless she can get used to the software.

Well she'll never get the hang of this software if she doesn't start to post here and get used to it.

I can't honestly say this software is hard to get used to. I'm sure some computer savvy person who works at Legend could tweak her account so that it looks and works easiest for her. As for posting, hitting the Reply or Quote button can't be too complicated.

It's funny that what Greg wrote is exactly what I was thinking. I don't believe the software excuse is valid; you either want to post to a site or you don't.

How did you get banned?

I must have missed Maulemall get banned...

I got banned by making a posting that had a similar subject as DH's special announcements "Special Announcement 1" It was in jest but apparently he didn't like it too much.

We can hold a special class in posting to the NGC board for Laura. We can teach her the NGC Board! ...and I can't wait to butt heads with her again :-)

Dave

How did you get banned?

I must have missed Maulemall get banned...

MastaHanky got banned by posting a picture of David Hall looking like Hitler. 27_laughing.gif I believe Maulemall got banned after an argument with someone.

Regarding Laura's ineptitude with technology, do not assume she is like a typical person. I thank God every day that she is unique. And, why would you wish so much angst on that hapless person charged with helping her learn?

Now, if she ever gets back on over there under a new name, what should it be? Some ideas:

WonderfulCoin, DorkKarla, NoFanOfModerns, TouchdownSperber, LauraBop, NJGal, LincroftStalker, NotTDN, WallStreetGal, ILuvPCGS.

laugh.gif

EVP

Regarding Laura's ineptitude with technology, do not assume she is like a typical person. I thank God every day that she is unique. And, why would you wish so much angst on that hapless person charged with helping her learn?

Now, if she ever gets back on over there under a new name, what should it be? Some ideas:

WonderfulCoin, DorkKarla, NoFanOfModerns, TouchdownSperber, LauraBop, NJGal, LincroftStalker, NotTDN, WallStreetGal, ILuvPCGS.

laugh.gif

EVP

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

WalStreetGal!!! makepoint.gif

AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif Now we should all be scared.

Hoot

893applaud-thumb.gif That's hysterical.

How about...

Coingal1 or, my favorite, StrikeoutSperber?

I ca't believe I missed Coingal1, or should I say ... Coingal666.

As for StrikeoutSperber, she prefers football over baseball. So, I think she'll like TouchdownSperber. Actually, her game was tennis. So, how 'bout AceDeuceLoveSperber?

laugh.gif

EVP

Frankly, I don't believe that Laura has any "technical issues" about posting here.

I made fun of her in a post a while back and she had a reply up very promptly! grin.gif

Actually, DaveG, I believe she told me that she doesn't like the "feel" of the software here. To be honest, I prefer the "feel" of the software across the street more. I spend more time here simply because I like this place better in spite of the differences in software technology.

EVP

I know why she posts over there and not here. It has nothing to do with the software. It's because of Mark Feld. The sexual tension between the two is unmistakable. If Mark were over here I'm sure she'd be over here flirting shamelessly with him like she does across the street.

I had my troubles starting out but that happens everywhere I've been. The format here is simple, if you want to send a PM, just click on someone's user name. Clicking on My Home is a great tool to keep organized with whatever you want to do with messages, PM's your profile and lots of other stuff of which I haven't ventured into nor understand yet, if there's anymore to it. 27_laughing.gif But I know one thing for sure, if and when, anyone for that matter, has been here for awhile they will get depressed to why they spent so much time posting over yonder in the first place. It doesn't take long to detox from there once you've been here for a couple of days! 27_laughing.gif

How does KISSMYASSDH sound? I kinda like that one! 27_laughing.gif

Leo

laugh.gif

EVP

How does "SmackdownSperber" sound? sumo.gif

Regardless of what you might think oterwise of him, I contend that David Hall has a great sense of humor. In repsonse to the question on the Q&A board across the street, "I miss Laura... Can we please have her back?" Hall responds "I cannot tell you how much I miss her too." Without getting into the right or wrong of the situation, Hall's reply really cracked me up.

Mark