• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Remember When ............

11 posts in this topic

Ahhh--- Yesterday --- was a different time!!! If the price was low then it was ended when they ran out of affordable silver.

Today --- they just triple the price to match the economy!!

Tomorrow ---- there will be "NO MORE U S Dollars or coins" and Silver will purchase small items with gold purchasing the large items. The way it was 1000 years ago???

CRAZY ???

:) Rick :)

What's really hilarious is the concept that the government would be selling them "at a loss."

No, what they meant was they'd be selling them at a price that was lower than market value (which they should have done, just to have the sales on the books.)

After all...the coins had already been made, years before. It's not as if the Mint had to go out and buy new silver to make them! They'd already bought the silver, at a substantially lower price, and instead of taking the opportunity to get RID of an old product, they decided to stop selling them.

"We can't sell these now! They're worth more than what we're charging! We have to get the highest profit possible at all times! We have to hold them, wasting money on storage and inventory! Let's not raise the price to match the market, we just won't sell them at all!"

Sigh.

The idjit bureaucrats yet again snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Cant say I remember that... I was still drunk from this:

pittsburgh-steelers-1979-super-bowl-ring.jpg

I'm going to go out on a limb here, I may be wrong and I'll be the first to admit it if I am, If you are in the Army, and you did that legally, you would be in the range of mandatory retirement now. I think I'll call BS on this one. JMHO

Best thing to come from the Steelers would be Cowher, and I'm so pissed the Colts didn't make it worth his while.