• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This seems suspicious

186 posts in this topic

In the "for what its worth" department: I zoomed in on the photo of the office to look at the pictures on the wall to see if there were any coin photos not to disprove your claims, but quite to the contrary. Had there been coin photos, I would have been a little more comfortable that this was indeed a picture of a coin shop. I too work in an office by myself where no clients come by to my office, but my wall photos are of different engineering projects I have completed. Since there was no store front photo, I thought perhaps I could lend some creedence (slight as it might be) to the photo being of an actual coin shop. I thought perhaps others might collect pictures for display on their work walls of work related items they had encountered. Apparently I am odd in this as well as many other well documented ways....

Good Morning Mr Feld.

Assist please:

Can I use baloney instead of bologna?

See, I have this idea that for the Balt. Show in Nov., I am going to make a bunch of sandwiches and set up a stand, with a big sign:

"Baloney slabs for sale".

I figure it is easier to pronounce using phonetic spelling, and won't confuse people, especially those people that may be tired and hungry and brain dead from looking at slabs that will of course be overpriced, and will be a scam and a get rich quick scheme by all the suspicious dealers there.

I figure spelling it this way will show I have imagination and I don't think I exaggerate when I predict I can make a lot of money, $50-$100,000.00, at least, especially if I pre-mustard them and wrap them in an all- purpose napkin(taco bell of course).

I am going to attach a picture of some big food factory to the sign, to give the impression that my Baloney Co. is really a very big company. I am even going to attach some pictures of past Shows featuring mustard stained attendees (note I am not prejudiced and labeling these individuals as dealers) smiling.

Anything is possible......if I plan and am completely flawless in the mustard application and have the perfect method of distributing the sandwich.

Wanna buy one, and have your picture taken?

Add a picture of Obama and the message, "this sandwich is approved by Barack Obama". Or whatever politician you may find appropriate. Good luck with "BS Inc."

Good Morning Mr Feld.

Assist please:

Can I use baloney instead of bologna?

See, I have this idea that for the Balt. Show in Nov., I am going to make a bunch of sandwiches and set up a stand, with a big sign:

"Baloney slabs for sale".

I figure it is easier to pronounce using phonetic spelling, and won't confuse people, especially those people that may be tired and hungry and brain dead from looking at slabs that will of course be overpriced, and will be a scam and a get rich quick scheme by all the suspicious dealers there.

I figure spelling it this way will show I have imagination and I don't think I exaggerate when I predict I can make a lot of money, $50-$100,000.00, at least, especially if I pre-mustard them and wrap them in an all- purpose napkin(taco bell of course).

I am going to attach a picture of some big food factory to the sign, to give the impression that my Baloney Co. is really a very big company. I am even going to attach some pictures of past Shows featuring mustard stained attendees (note I am not prejudiced and labeling these individuals as dealers) smiling.

Anything is possible......if I plan and am completely flawless in the mustard application and have the perfect method of distributing the sandwich.

Wanna buy one, and have your picture taken?

Add a picture of Obama and the message, "this sandwich is approved by Barack Obama". Or whatever politician you may find appropriate. Good luck with "BS Inc."

Thank You for the suggestion.

Under normal circumstances, it may have merit.

This year...not so much.

However, if YOU can come up with a reasonable solution to the Big Bird problem, and if we can deep fry Big Bird economically , and sell Big Bird sandwiches wrapped in Morgan Slab paper, and make money, maybe we can make a deal.

Will you consider running, on behalf of the Forum?

Congratulations for figuring out BS. Co. (Baloney Sandwich Co.).

Maybe you are not the Ogre some have implied. (Did I spell Ogre correctly?)

Actually, there are secret pictures of Big Bird removing his costume. Low and behold it is Biden in there! Occasionally, Monica Lewinsky is in there too.

Nobody here doubts you are a legit company. I found this from a dissatisfied customer from a place with same name as your previous place ->

I should have known when Joe from Centurion called me out of the blue to sell me a rare coin that something wasn't right. Joe told me that he had the coin graded by ANACS (a respected coin grading firm), or by PCI (a coin grading firm with a longtime poor reputation for over-grading). I told Joe firmly that I would only accept the ANACS-graded specimen. 3 days later my shipment showed-up with the PCI-graded coin, which was obviously over-graded by 3-4 grades.

A call to Centurion instructed me to return the item, which I did, the same day, USPS Priority, both insured and return receipt requested. 4 days after that, Daniel from Centurion signed for the item at the Bayport, NY Post Office, and my credit card company took the charge off of my balance, and I thought that the mess was over. Then on December 22nd, Chase reversed the charge because Centurion is now saying that they never received my return shipment, despite my return receipt signed by Centurion? Is this mail fraud?

I think this may have came from rip-off report - which some people feel is a scam to extort money from legit business's to get the report removed. So, as always - view all internet information with a touch of scepticism.