• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panda Coins - Why Does Anyone Purchase and Collect them? posted by MV Coins

7 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Buying Panda Coins Hurts America and American Workers - Your Money goes to Support the Chinese Communist Party

I realize Gold and Silver Panda Coins are cute, but do you understand where your hard earned U.S. money is going? Let's examine Gold Panda coins. The People's Republic of China State Council approved China Gold Coin Inc (CGCI) in 1987.

CGCI is the only professional company dealing with precious metal commemorative coins directly affiliated to the People's Bank of China.

CGCI will follow the leadership of the Chinese Communist Party committee of the People's Bank of China and the enterprise management committee and carefully implement the Regulations of the People's Republic of China governing the Renminbi, so as to standardize the management in the programming, designing, production, propaganda and distribution of precious metal commemorative coins.

The Chinese Communist Party through the People's Bank of China and CGCI directly control the distribution of these coins and enjoy the profits from this effort. I don't know about you but I think the Chinese have taken enough American Jobs and Money. Buy Gold coins from the U.S. Mint and Americans work and benefit. Sending your money to the Chinese Communist Party hurts us all. Just my opinion.

12144.jpg

See more journals by MV Coins

I agree in theory, but only if you are the original purchaser, once its here the damage is done. why do people like them? cute animals? Then maybe we could petition our mints to make legal tender national zoo commemmoratives to battle them? just an idea

I agree with you, but for a different reason. China doesn't seem to care that their citizens are flooding our market with counterfeit coins. If we don't buy their coins until they shut down the counterfeiters, maybe that would envoke some action on their part.....

When did china become a capitalist country that allowed their citizens to own companies that would compete on a global market, more than likely state owned companies manufacture counterfeits, that are sold on a global level to prop up chinas failing economy

Probably because they're attractive, design changes annually, most are incredibly limited in supply, many years have varieties that add to the uniqueness, there is growing demand, and therefore make excellent investments. And those are only a few reasons. I find it odd that you'd be so against these coins when I gather you own and use thousands of items made in China on a regular basis. A collection of pandas will yield superior returns compared to a collection of eagles.

http://forums.silverstackers.com/topic-11808-pr-why-pandas-are-a-good-better-best-investment.html