• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CAC

37 posts in this topic

I have two MS66 1943 Walkers (I was careless and bid on another 1943 when I already had one....I Know, I know....KnuckleHead move)

Both are high quality coins, both attractive in their own way.

One is NGC slabbed with a green bean

the other is PCGS without a green bean.

I have studied, examined and even "flipped" for the one I going to keep. But I can't make up my mind.

I could keep both of course.

But I want to sell one to get the proceeds for my next acquisition.

The decision is like splitting hairs, but the one coin does have the little bean there.

(I think the other Walker would get beaned too)

That's My CAC of the day!

OP

I only have pictures of the NGC coin so here it is:

129263.jpg.7708f875e1e3de66ee40cc6538312cf2.jpg

129264.jpg.adfd4c5a559f7ef5e5b4d0273ea233c7.jpg

I have nothing to add at this time. I just wanted to be part of a ten page thread.

Me too, except to mention that I really hate the new slang term "CACked". The person using it maybe thinks he sounds sophisticated, but really sounds like a monosyllabic chicken. I just stay "stickered".

:)

So, by the above two responses I gather that CAC can both be a noun and a verb. Kinda like the Smurfs and everything being Smurfy!

papa-smurf.jpg

Maybe the board administrator can change the program so that when we type something objectionable, it will print "SMURF" instead of SPOON

The CAC provides excellent service and has had an overall positive effect on my collection.

Watch it. Praising CAC in this thread is an offense which may result in a ban. Coindude monitors other threads, too, so be careful.

Before this thread goes down the memory hole like the other one I just wanted to say that CAC™ has done great things for coin certification by providing a sight unseen basis for CAC™ coins and CAC™ trading networks like Coinplex™, now the official trading network of PNG dealers. Many of us are looking forward to expansion of CAC™ into currency and other collectible areas so that collectors and dealers will have assurance with their CAC™ products. Now that I have heavily plugged CAC™, I hope for some free invoice CAC™ submissions!

Seriously, I am wondering when CAC™ will have a competitor as all business entities in life eventually have an equal alternative for those who are looking for alternatives for one reason or another.

My opinion of CAC is that they are an unnecessary luxury on the buy side of collecting that I try to avoid somewhat as it costs me about 25% more per coin to acquire if they are already stickered compared to an equally choice unstickered coin. I do have a few as in my series you often have to buy what comes up when it comes up or be prepared to wait awhile for the next one.

On the sell side of collecting they are a must if you hope to fully realize the potential on any sale esp for a group sell in any outlet be it to a dealer or auction house.

I also see them as a tremendous value add for people with below par grading skills and anything that benefits normal collectors is a great thing. If one knew nothing about coins and only purchased CAC coins at fair market rates the chances of taking a complete bath are slim to none save for a collapse of the market or they happened to buy only MS61 3CNs and sold to Morgan dealer.

76sAU53.jpg

It has not been my experience that I necessarily pay any more for coins with stickers than without as I tended to focus on high end coins for the grade. These were premium priced before the CAC, and they are today.

Wow, I feel CACkey this morning.

On another note, I have no aversion to CAC coins. I do believe that JA is a pioneer in today's coin market, I believe that he has done a lot of good for the coin world for a long time and continues to do so in today's world. Although, I do not personally own a single stickered coin, that doesn't mean I would shy away from them, rather I just don't own one yet. So please, don't take this thread an an insult to anyone who collects or has a lot of CAC coins. This is just my cheap attempt to lighten the mood a little around here! :)

Wow, I feel CACkey this morning.

On another note, I have no aversion to CAC coins. I do believe that JA is a pioneer in today's coin market, I believe that he has done a lot of good for the coin world for a long time and continues to do so in today's world. Although, I do not personally own a single stickered coin, that doesn't mean I would shy away from them, rather I just don't own one yet. So please, don't take this thread an an insult to anyone who collects or has a lot of CAC coins. This is just my cheap attempt to lighten the mood a little around here! :)

Well, if you want to get to 10 pages, you shouldn't have confessed that until about page 8 or 9. :grin:

based on my experiences with cac

if you are open and willing

cac is help to the learning curve of most all collectors submitting thru them

cac is a great insurance policy for buying that extra special coin for your collection especially so if it is a substancial purchase for the collector buyer

cac basically gives away this value added service to collectors (really low fees) and makes a market in most all such cac stickered coins (puts their monry where their sticker is)

cac has a buyback guarantee on coins it stickered that might have been mistakes on a second look see yes folks grading/coin evaluation is very subjective; and no one is 100% perfect all of the time