• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Philly Newp: Rare Oval Pocket Mirror Indian Cent

16 posts in this topic

I picked this up at the Philly ANA - I've never seen an oval pocket mirror before so i couldn't pass up buying this for my collection. Also, the Indian cent inside the pocket mirror is a really pretty high grade. I already have round Indian cent and Lincoln cent pocket mirrors, so this is a nice addition to my exonumia collection!

52.jpg

Very Neat! :banana:

To put that $36.50 annual savings into perspective, in 1915, just a few years later, the average family income in the U.S. $687 per year. That means that a cash savings of $36.50 would have been 5.3% of a year's income, which is not chump change. Using today's $50,000 income as a baseline that would be $2,656 in today's dollars.

104 years of saving the 10 pennies per day,compounded at 3.0% would have approx $25870.05 today.

If you took one of the newly minted pennies from each mint and year, you would also have a very fine and complete set of Lincoln Gems,

worth, dare I say, "A Pretty Penny"! :grin:

I am getting started today!

OP

Please check My Math :o

That is very cool! Both a collectible to coin collectors and to people who collect early american made advertisement items. Its also a nice piece of educational history to show what a penny was worth "back then" compared to 2012.

Very nice!

-Dave

Let's not forget that Cooperstown is also the home of the Baseball Hall of Fame:) Very cool piece Charmy.