• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Teletrade consignments for Sun 8/26

18 posts in this topic

Well, I decided to test the waters at Teletrade for the very first time, so I sent in a small consignment. Four Morgans, one Draped Bust dollar

Here are the links:

1798 draped bust dollar PCGS VF30

http://www.teletrade.com/coins/lot.asp?auction=3335&lot=2299

1878-s Morgan NGC MS65 CAC green bean with blue/green toning on the majority of the obverse

http://www.teletrade.com/coins/lot.asp?auction=3335&lot=2329

1887 Morgan NGC MS65 DPL

http://www.teletrade.com/coins/lot.asp?auction=3335&lot=2455

1888 Morgan NGC MS65 in an old fattie holder with vivid rainbow toning on the rim of the obverse

http://www.teletrade.com/coins/lot.asp?auction=3335&lot=2473

1896 Morgan NGC MS65 DPL (EXTREMELY clean cheek!!!)

http://www.teletrade.com/coins/lot.asp?auction=3335&lot=2545#n

Thanks for looking & I hope one of you guys might be interested.

Regards,

Don

Reserve, reserve, reserve! Don't think that your hand-picked PQ coins will find enough bidders to bring them to market or above levels. There is a lot of lower quality material in there that cause potential bidders to not even look. So good luck but do not under-reserve or you may be sorry.

Good luck, I like the 1798, but am saving my money for the guy who claims to have bundles of $5,000 and $10,000 bills.

Reserve, reserve, reserve! Don't think that your hand-picked PQ coins will find enough bidders to bring them to market or above levels. There is a lot of lower quality material in there that cause potential bidders to not even look. So good luck but do not under-reserve or you may be sorry.

Have you sold coins on Teletrade before? I know they don't have a traditional "reserve" but I am allowed to bid on my own coins & pay a "buy back" fee. I have thought about doing that. I'm not all that concerned about making a profit (although that certainly would be nice). I would however like to get a fair price & not LOSE any money.

Good luck, I like the 1798, but am saving my money for the guy who claims to have bundles of $5,000 and $10,000 bills.

Here comes another rant thread.

Well, today's my big day and being the gambling man that I am, I'm goin' all in with no reserves!!! Good luck & as always, thanks for taking the time to look at my auctions.

Regards,

Don

I have sold coins with them before - usually submitted raw, they graded, and sold (which usually is less expensive then joining any club and submitting myself, especially for varieities)

I found that I did better with reserves (you have to place your reserve bids at least 1 hour before start of auction - you can NOT bid on your lots during auction) I placed my reserves at where I felt a decent closing price is, and then a couple increments lower. I mean better in the total group grossed about the same when I sold no reserve, or reserve and I get back about half the coins.

My coins are usually in the $50-$200 range with some $5-10 and a few $500+.

Sundays are usually best sales day, with exception of those super promoted days in conjunction with something that gets 3 times as many lots.

The bad part about reserves is many times now, serious bidders do not bid until last few seconds, so you get anxious during the auction as to if ANY of your coins will sell.

I have not done the relist 3 times yet, but they have said you only pay the buyback reserve fee once.

They also get some returned and listed again, and sometimes sell more the next time.

Payment is faster if you have more coins with them for future auctions.

Good luck.

Well, I've decided to place modest reserves on the coins. I don't think I should have a hard time meeting the reserves. As I previously stated, I'm not looking to get rich, just trying to at least make back the amount I put into these. If I break even good, if I make a little more GREAT :)

It's the moment of truth! Best of luck on these coins, but I don't think you'll need it because they really are nice examples. You take some great pictures Don, how do you feel teletrade did with their images?

You did OK. Frankly there is quite a lot of similar material at all the auctions. This is not a great time to sell. Traditionally after Labor Day and toward Thanksgiving is the best time frame.

It's the moment of truth! Best of luck on these coins, but I don't think you'll need it because they really are nice examples. You take some great pictures Don, how do you feel teletrade did with their images?

I did ok on the one's that sold, but since I placed "reserves" on the 1798 draped bust dollar & on the 1896 DPL Morgan, the buyback fee basically negated any real profit.

Teletrade's pics were OK. Not great, but their images have certainly come a LOOOOONG way and I was pretty satisfied . The 1896 DPL Morgan that I was selling doesn't have the deepest mirrors, but Teletrade's pics barely made it look PL.

Oh well, it was a fun experience & I would definitely consider consigning with them again.

yes, good luck in his adventure :) ( they is gonna need it )