• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1913 type 1 newp....With REAL rainbow color...

27 posts in this topic

I had to pick this one up...It's the eye appeal that make me pull the trigger every time. I especially like the reverse. The tight little rainbows on the obverse isn't bad either... Thanks for looking...Joe

1913tpe1pcgsms004.jpg1913tpe1pcgsms012.jpg

Magnificent rainbow coloration, what do you suppose explains the development of that pattern, can you venture a guess?

Not really. I'm guessing that this coin and coins with this type of rainbow pattern is caused by it being in one of those old coin albums undisturbed since it was minted. I have a couple of coins with this type of pattern and I love the way they look. Thanks for the complements on this coin & my imaging...Joe

Magnificent rainbow coloration, what do you suppose explains the development of that pattern, can you venture a guess?

Not really. I'm guessing that this coin and coins with this type of rainbow pattern is caused by it being in one of those old coin albums undisturbed since it was minted. I have a couple of coins with this type of pattern and I love the way they look. Thanks for the complements on this coin & my imaging...Joe

I'm not sure if they really had old coin albums in 1913. Did they?

It looks like Wayte Raymond to me...which came much later I think.

Whatever it was it had sulfur in it...

Again, great coin Mr. Joe!

jom