• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1919 Lincoln Cent -- GRADE REVEALED

14 posts in this topic

I was thinking AU55, but the obverse is really nice and clean. AU58 sounds right.

I would love to own this coin. Beautiful!

Thanks all for your input. This coin is actually raw, and I just wanted to confirm what I thought when I purchased it.

I went to a coin show last weekend, and looked through hundreds of Lincoln Cents that were in 2x2 holders in various dealers' books. I usually just like to browse and see what catches my eye. Well, the only coin I came home with was this one. It was labeled as "MS64BN" in handwriting on the 2x2, but I could easily see that it was AU with my loupe.

The coin is very attractive in hand. Both sides (but particularly the obverse) glimmer with luster through blue toning. I see no suggestions that the toning is artificial, and it shows no signs of being messed with. The coin is not even remotely scarce, but this particular example I simply couldn't let go.

So, based on consensus NGC GTG experts, this coin is AU58BN. :)

-Brandon