• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How's this for a Toning premium?

50 posts in this topic

MS66.. and there are two of them lol One obverse toner and one reverse toner

They were ~5k each?

No lol Although they are definitley worth 5K a peice. they were $500. So depending on what guide you use. lets use PCGS Price guide. Using PCGS Price Guide $12 x 42 = About $500

MS66.. and there are two of them lol One obverse toner and one reverse toner

They were ~5k each?

No lol Although they are definitley worth 5K a peice. they were $500. So depending on what guide you use. lets use PCGS Price guide. Using PCGS Price Guide $12 x 42 = About $500

Oh I was accidently looking at the FB prices of 90$ in 66.

I'm usually conservative in the premium, if any, that I pay for toned coins; however, I too have paid large premiums. I paid 30x of retail (of a white) coin for this one. I don't care if I overpaid or not. I still like it, and that's what matters to me. :D I have seen other gorgeous examples, but I have yet to see one that comes close to the diversity, intensity, and brightness of the colors on this one (although I'm obviously partial).

1923 NGC MS63* Peace Dollar

Consignments59111.jpg

Yes but 30x retail for that is nowhere near a burial. Youd profit selling that in 2 minutes flat. There are coins that I think we individually like and want regardless of what we'd get at sale time. I dont think I could ever be a real time dealer. I like certain coins way too much. With some exceptions it seems that the coins ive ever sold on when selling were coins I didnt like in the first place. I have only sold 1 coin that I wish I hadnt out of about 500-600 coins sold over the past 5 years. I did pay a premium for that one and I did take a loss but none of the coins I have now that are on my no sale list would be considered for sale at a loss unless I ran into an emergency of grave nature. Even when I lost both of my jobs a couple of years ago I was able to hold on to the keepers so I am optimistic that the coins I reached for will be with me until my later years. By then inflation will surely catch up to them :D

Mumu depends on your age. I suspect when I am in my 50's that I should be able to get some awesome coins for peanuts. No way coins make it this strong for another 30 years. It would be nice..... Just dont see it happening.

Mumu depends on your age. I suspect when I am in my 50's that I should be able to get some awesome coins for peanuts. No way coins make it this strong for another 30 years. It would be nice..... Just dont see it happening.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one. Coin collecting has been around far too long for it to fall of a cliff in 30 years. Rarities and quality coins will keep increasing at least with inflation in my opinion.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one. Coin collecting has been around far too long for it to fall of a cliff in 30 years. Rarities and quality coins will keep increasing at least with inflation in my opinion.

And don't forget the great interest in the market that has been created by the First Spouse program! That should keep things rolling for many years....

lol

jom

Consignments59111.jpg

Best....Peace....Dollar....Ever.

jom

Silly statement.

Well the opinion is implied as with anyone's post ever is but I agree its hard to call any coin the best anything unless it plays shortstop or builds birdhouses. My opinion is that its the nicest reverse toning ive seen on a P$ head and shoulders. But I am more biased towards obversely toned coins with blast white revs myself so it leaves me wishing that coin was obv toned. Or maybe im glad its not obv toned or else id want it too much...hmm which is it.

jom

Silly statement.

Well the opinion is implied as with anyone's post ever is but I agree its hard to call any coin the best anything unless it plays shortstop or builds birdhouses. My opinion is that its the nicest reverse toning ive seen on a P$ head and shoulders. But I am more biased towards obversely toned coins with blast white revs myself so it leaves me wishing that coin was obv toned. Or maybe im glad its not obv toned or else id want it too much...hmm which is it.

Fair enough. But "best" is ambiguous. It could be highest quality, best looking or maybe even something else. Some or all of which is subjective. I stand by my previous statement. :devil:

jom

Silly statement.

Worst....Post....Ever.

imagesqtbnANd9GcS95LwojLHEgdi2Vi-Ll.jpg

:devil:

jom

PS: BTW, nice CBH and Isabella in your latest offerings!