• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gold bar audit at the NYC Fed

10 posts in this topic

I don't remember the percentages, but I saw something recently on the gold standard and in the end I think we only had to maintain about 10% of gold related to money in circulation. I'll bet the gold people are buying now on the ETF's and in supposedly stored locations doesn't even come close to 10%. If you don't have possesion of your gold....................you don't have gold.

Drilled bars will not be weighed and revalued until they are moved or used. This would be done for all bars anyway. The "core sample" gold is recovered.

Gold is so soft that simply lifting and replacing a bar produces measurable loss of bar weight. Drilling was adopted or tests to reduce the amount of gold "lost" by moving and handling bars. (The "loss" is recovered when gloves, clothing, etc. are cleaned and the dust recovered.)

When gold was moved from Denver to Ft. Knox, over 400 T oz. were recovered from gloves, clothes, packing material, etc.

When gold was moved from Denver to Ft. Knox, over 400 T oz. were recovered from gloves, clothes, packing material, etc.

Makes me want to take a tour with super gold absorbent gloves on and just run my hands over the bars! :D

Makes me want to take a tour with super gold absorbent gloves on and just run my hands over the bars! :D

Maybe one could extensively lick the bars and ingest a few gold molecules for later recovery!