• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1972 D Roosevelt Dime NGC MS 67 FT

11 posts in this topic

Superb coin with great luster!

Year: 1972 D

Grade: MS 67 FT

Registry Points: 1,303

NGC Pop: Top Pop 8/0

Purchase Price: Self Made

These early clad Roosevelts are difficult to find fully struck and even more so to find with decent luster. I come across many coins that have wonderful luster and/or toning, but generally speaking that's the end of the line as the quality usually isn't up to par.

This coin was the exception, after removing it from an original mint set I was impressed with the luster and subtle steel blue/rose colored hues across the entire obverse. Closer inspection on the obverse proved that the coin was of decent grade. Imagine my complete surprise when I flipped it over and found the reverse to be just as nice and that the coin was full struck and indeed a full torch.

Top Pop at NGC with just 8 total coins graded for the grade and FT status. Replaces another NGC example, in my set, that was purchased through Teletrade.

Have a great day!

Todd

PS - the picture isn't crooked, but rather the die is slightly rotated on this example as well!

11798.JPG

See more journals by TD Henson

That dime is one in a million, and a great find. Congratulations!

Gary

Thanks Gary! It looks even better in person. My photographic skills aren't near as good as many here at CS.

A great looking coin,congrats! It must be a great feeling to find a jewel like this!

It lessens the sting of the dogs I invariably send in for grading and then kick myself for... (:

Todd, The pic looks great to me. Let me know when you get a spare one of those 70s. Your coin submissions seem to be getting better and better.

Later---Rick