• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An old mans gift posted by JCRILLER

10 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Something really weird happened

Something really weird happened, but it was also very nice.I live in a small village and used to help an old couple whenever they had some difficult tasks to do around the house.The husband was quite a traveler in days gone by.

Via all our conversations he found out that i have quite an interest in coins and one day arrived at my front door with an old(and i mean very old) shoe box.He said that he received the collection from his mother and threw all the extra coins he had from his trips in the box, and his giving this to me for all the help over the years.

It was a gift he insisted, and he had nobody to leave it for.

below is a pic of one of the coins i received. I will now have some graded in memory of Mr D

Lesson learned: In life you receive more by giving

11771.JPG

See more journals by JCRILLER

Thanks for the kind words everyone, and the link Todd.much appreciated

I have gone through some more last night and found even more interesting coins, will add a couple of pics again later

JCRILLER, That is a very nice old collection you were given. It is proof of the old saying you receive what you put in. I do many side favors for others and the rewards are plentiful. Those are some nice coins for a job well done!!

CONTINUE THE GREAT WORKS