• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4 silver rounds????? (PROOF)

17 posts in this topic

Hi,

I need help on this one, I am bidding on the below coins, and my high bid is $199.00...Can someone with , more experience give me some insight????

Silver-Round-American-Indian-Set-Proof-in-Blue-Case-ASW-4-Oz-4-Coins

In my opinion, and in the opinion of a great number of folks I know, a silver round is worth essentially nothing more than the silver it contains. Therefore, if this is for four troy ounces of silver then the maximum it would be worth to me would be about $109. If you are bidding upwards of $200 then you are not thinking like me.

Silver would have to rise to more than $50/oz. just for you to break even. Why don't you contact the seller and see if he will allow you to retract your bid.

Chris

I am aware that there are some collectors of "rare" bullion items from various private mints that will pay large premiums over melt for very old bullion bars. I don't think there is much of a market for silver rounds though outside of their melt content.

Unless the imagery on those silver rounds is extremely important to you, I would contact the seller and try to work something out.

They are worth what someone will pay. If you win at 199$ then AT THAT POINT you at least know someone else was willing to pay 198. If people are going to judge something on just the value of their silver content then ask them to sell their MS 67 19th century stuff for spot. There are many silver bars and rounds that get a premium on the market. Pamp Suisse gold and silver is a good example. Does that mean these people are crazy or not paying a premium for something? I dont know. As crazy as some are paying a premium for plastic and stickers(me included) I suppose. I see the set is already at 166$ with 5 days left so clearly there is a demand for these. It looks like a nice set.

But....is the "demand" intelligent demand or stupid demand?

Intelligent demand, of course! They all subscribe to Coin Vault.

Chris

Many a rich man was made by "stupid" demand, to ignore it would be foolish. To each his own.

Many a rich man was made by "stupid" demand, to ignore it would be foolish. To each his own.

Lotta smart guys sitting in cubicles at NASA making 63k/yr

Id love to catch a wave of stupid demand myself and leave the cubicles behind.

Hi,

I need help on this one, I am bidding on the below coins, and my high bid is $199.00...Can someone with , more experience give me some insight????

Silver-Round-American-Indian-Set-Proof-in-Blue-Case-ASW-4-Oz-4-Coins

"Don't bid any higher" would be the best advice I could give.

May I point out that the proper format is:

"....But (there is always a "But"....).

I would also like to point out that it could be a stupid demand,but (there is always a "But") intelligent.

It could also be an intelligent demand, but (there is always a "BUT") stupid.

See how it works?

Respectfully, of course.

John Curlis

Silver would have to rise to more than $50/oz. just for you to break even. Why don't you contact the seller and see if he will allow you to retract your bid.

Chris

Hmmmm, will it?

Respectfully,

John Curlis

Many a rich man was made by "stupid" demand,

But only when they were selling, not buying.

(thumbs u