• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEWP..so new i don't have it yet:) 1914-DLinc, GTG

17 posts in this topic

I like it in the XF range. Looks like there is slight wear on the wheat stalks, and moderate wear on the hair. Surfaces look relatively clear of marks which leads me to go on the high side, but the wear on the 4 makes me rethink that. Looks like a nice coin in the pictures. 40

PS Those are marks above the D in the date, yes?

The technical grade is Ch VF to EF. The thing that concerns me is the color. Black areas are not the hallmark of a really nice circulated Lincoln cent. I would look for a piece with more even brown color.

I know that this coin is only in the Good grade (my boyhood collection), but has the color that is more desirable.

1914-DCentOjpg.jpg1914-DCentR.jpg

The marks above the date look to be on the coin.I won't know for sure till i receive the coin,even so,for the price of $330.00 how could one go wrong.

VF30.

The marks above the date look to be on the coin.I won't know for sure till i receive the coin,even so,for the price of $330.00 how could one go wrong.

VF30.

Those marks must be on the coin to warrant a 30, or the coin must have some other imperfection that I'm not seeing from the images.

There is too much wear on the cheek bone for an EF/XF grade or higher. I'll say Choice VF, VF25.

I think that it may be the exceptinally dark fields that are making the cheekbone wear stand out.

wheat

Let me be blunt. The black color on this bronze cent is not a good thing. I see surfaces problems with this coin, especially on the reverse. I would look for one with brown surfaces.

I should receive it today. If it has enviromental damage,back it goes.

Let us know what you think. What's the grade? Problem-free holder? You got a good price if it's VF30 problem-free.

I'd call it somewhat unattractive color. It does not look damaged to me.

Just received the coin..A problem free coin,no marks above the date,and the color is lighter than the sellers picture.No surface problems at all.

New photo.Not the greatest but a keeper.

linc1914d72212.jpg[/img]