• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is wrong with teletrade

6 posts in this topic

I guess third times a charm

So I collect Jefferson nickels. That's basicly all I search for. About 3 months ago I find a 1987 D MS67 6FS that I need for my registry. Getting all excited and looking closely at the picture's, I notice the coin clearly says P for philly. The coin got mislabled. Which the D is about twice as rare as the P. So I email teletrade and let them know what's going on. They pull the coin from the auction immediately.

Then about a month ago i'm doing my usual search's and there it is. The same coin. Go through the same process and the coin is pulled. Now just a few minutes ago. There it is again. Up for next sundays auction. All i can think is, WOW, they really don't care. I'm not emailing them again for the third time to tell them this. I just want the $%#* thing to sell so I don't have to see it again. I just want to know, Has any one else seen this behavior from teletrade before? In my eyes, this is BS. I feel sorry for the poor person who buy's this one.

See more journals by chunk-it

chunk-it, I spent a hour or so checking out Teletrade for today's auction. I had a few sets in mind and wrote down all the good ones. Doing the same for Great Collections at the same time. Everything started so high for first bid that I just logged out and blew both of them off.

I do believe I can do better else where!!!-----Rick

It might depend on how they got it

I sent some raw coins for submission/sale and when they came back a mintmark was wrong - it was listed on Teletrade and pulled, sent back to PCGS and will be listed again in a couple weeks.

In this instance it was probably initiated by PCGS as they took a pic of it for their coinfacts - not very good showing a Denver coin and calling it a Philadelphia coin for a top pop of issue .

chunk-it, I spent a hour or so checking out Teletrade for today's auction. I had a few sets in mind and wrote down all the good ones. Doing the same for Great Collections at the same time. Everything started so high for first bid that I just logged out and blew both of them off.

I'm seeing crazy prices everywhere lately... Heritage starts at $0, but you have to add $20 right off the bat ($14 minimum? + shipping, tax, etc.) GC is more like a store instead of an auction... haven't gotten anything from them lately for the same reason... seems they have no confidence in their stuff. Tonight, I watched Teletrade as well, but prices just got too high for my taste...

Funny you should mention Teletrade- today there was a PCGS 1909 S marked F details- Lincoln. The bid was at 90 dollars. As I looked at the picture and the coin in the holder was actually a 1909 S Indian! Needless to say I bid it up to about 280, not that I could really afford it, but obviously I was not the who only who noticed it as I was outbid. I can't see what it finally sold for, but I cant believe not Teletrade or the owner noticed what I would consider a huge error!

I agree,it's more of a fixed price,not an auction.