• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting Carbon emery stores Hiawatha dynamite token uk find

11 posts in this topic

Hi all picked this token for 10 sticks of powder from Hiawatha Utah in a job lot of coins and junk at my local auction rooms .. i cannot find it in Krauses US tokens 1700-1900 anyone know anything about them .. thanks

coinsforsale263-horz.jpg

Dooly - I've seen examples this token before so I don't believe it is uncommon. The expert on Utah tokens is Bob Campbell. He is a past ANA president, PNG dealer, and good guy. You can find his contact information, with an email address, on this page:

http://www.pngdealers.com/dealersearch.php?_search=1&ln=C

I recommend you send him an email with your photo. Good luck with it.

Searching around Dooley, looks like these were made of aluminum. Seen one on Ebay in a little better shape that sold for about $9. Looked the same only "good for 5 sticks".

Dooly - I've seen examples this token before so I don't believe it is uncommon. The expert on Utah tokens is Bob Campbell. He is a past ANA president, PNG dealer, and good guy. You can find his contact information, with an email address, on this page:

cheers i have sent him an email

very porous but it is uniform in nature and does not detract from token all that much, good luck on getting a lock on the identity.

Tell me, 10 sticks of powder from Hiawatha Utah, what does this mean?

cheers i have sent him an email

Be sure to let us know how it goes! :)

Tell me, 10 sticks of powder from Hiawatha Utah, what does this mean?

I assumed they were talking about TNT.....

was that a big gold mining area ?

Probably not dynamite or TNT, most likely prepackaged blasting powder. Blasting powder is a form of gunpowder and could come prepacked into tubes or sticks. Dynamite when it came along became the preferred explosive because it was "safe" to handle and had a greater explosive power than blasting powder.