• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lowest in years

10 posts in this topic

now is the time to get a few

Just went to SilverTowne web site to check their price on 1 oz silver bars and just placed an order at $29.40/bar. I haven't seen under $30.00 in a long time. So if you want to add to your bullion or just start collecting some silver now is the time....

11582.JPG

See more journals by moondoggy

Thanks for the tip. I picked up an order of the 1 OZ. bar. Real easy to sign up and get the order completed.

Have fun in what you are doing.

Jack

I'm holding off till the end of the year. This being an election year,

I'm thinking the value will tumble even lower, just short of $20 an ounce for

silver That's my opinion anyways. Good Luck in your venture... Jim

Before you jump into collecting too many pieces check with Kitco. They have a list of preferred makers of the bullion pieces that they will purchase. These are the best grade silver bullion bars and all others are less in purity. You will pay around the same price for any bullion but some dealers will pay much less if your bullion is not on that list.

Later Guys----HAPPY SILVER

Are you saying these are not .999 fine silver or that SilverTowne is not reputable ??? If you are than I would have to argue that I have never heard of ANY problem with Donkey bars. They come from a highly reputable dealer and are guaranteed to be .999 fine silver. Also if a dealer is offering mucho less than market as you say, then that would throw up a red flag to me about that dealer. Sounds a bit fishy saying they have a list of preferred makers ????? Silver is either .999 fine or it is not .

Mike, Easy Buddy. I did a lot of research and found the list on Kitco 2 years ago. The list consists of refineries that use higher quality filters that purify the silver bullion much better. I just made the statement to let you know there is a difference in silver bullion. If you are happy with SilverTowne then by all means ENJOY!! Read up a little on silver bullion and you will find that all refineries are not equal. If they were equal why would Kitco have preferred lists in USA and a list for foreign????

Later----

Will do and sorry if I seemed a bit edgy. Just had an operation yesterday and am not myself quite yet. (again sorry for I didn't mean to seem that way, my bad !!!!!) I will go to Kitco and see what you are referencing. I do know that Donkey bars have been around for quite awhile and are easily bought and sold in the open market and have a very good reputation. They are in themselves a solid investment.

Mike

I am sure they are a top standard silver. I did find a list that said (BEST) and the refineries on it were; As you say 99.9 is all good and you are correct. I was wrong to say dealers pay less for others and apologize for that.

Valeanbi, USB, SilverTowne, Johnson Matthey.

The only one that made it on the Kitco list was Johnson Matthey. I assume their machinery and great filters have their silver test out at 99.95 or higher. I noticed a foreign one that was listed as 99.96.

So in fact if a company like Kitco was going to offer the best--anything that tested under 99.92 or so would need to be screened and would go in the scrap chains pile.

There is a possibility that kitco does not have a refinery and has to send off the other name brand bars to be re ran and that would explain the list or the fact that it will acquire more work involved. With the ones on the list they only melt and create new bars or bullion coins. No refining would be needed.

Later Bud---Rick

Moondoggy... I rec'd my .999 SilverTowne Silver Donkey Bar order today in the mail. Thanks for suggesting to buy some of them. Really fast turnaround.

I really like the heavy duty air-tight plastic casing that protects the bars. I will be getting more after payday.

Best wishes to all

Jack