• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Took A Gamble... Thoughts?

24 posts in this topic

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261048416312

For $45, figured it was worth a shot.

- Seems NT. Seller has/had quite a few other coins listed, none of which had toning to speak of.

- Toning on this specimen seems to hiccup on the devices like I like to see.

- Reading into terrible pictures seem to imply that the obverse and reverse rim toning is more reddish and greenish than blackish.

- Reverse looks BU'ish, obverse is impossible to ascertain from the picture.

Thoughts?

I think youre in store for some monster color. The grade is the crapshoot. I like your chances. GL

The toning looks NT to me, and I think there is a lot of upside potential for this coin if it turns out to be attractive (and I think there is a good shot at this happening). At $45, there also isn't a lot of downside, so I think it was worth the gamble.

That obverse looks suspicious to me, with the dot-style toning. The reverse though, seems fine. I'd certainly want better pictures, but if that's a NT in hand you made off like a thief!

Looks to me like you will come out of this smelling of roses.

I wouldn't say roses, but you'll probably come out of it relatively odor free. Looks like an AU coin with nice color.

The toning looks solid NT to me. The coin is definitely a slider, but I don't care as long as it makes it into a problem free holder.

My only real concern are the rim dings at 7:00 on the obverse.

Thoughts?

Think Ill send her out to NGC tomorrow.

2012-06-22_17-29-47_520.jpg

2012-06-22_17-30-09_208.jpg

2012-06-22_17-30-18_70.jpg

Color looks MA and in my view, rather attractive.The circulation rub looks like AU 50-55. But as always, hard to judge without seeing coin in hand. You are correct in being concerned about the rim hits on the Obverse and Reverse. May lead to a AU details holder.

Good Luck.

Carl

Color looks MA and in my view, rather attractive.The circulation rub looks like AU 50-55. But as always, hard to judge without seeing coin in hand. You are correct in being concerned about the rim hits on the Obverse and Reverse. May lead to a AU details holder.

Good Luck.

Carl

Agreed... Rim dings suck....