• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Long Beach NEWP-----Aloha Mr Hand

18 posts in this topic

I love Fast Times at Ridgemont High and I love this new purchase. This was number one on my want list with a bullet and after six years of rejecting Hawaiian's as they generally come fairly ugly I was presented this one. It took all of 30 seconds to decide. Most Hawaiian's came from a bank hoard and have a green/yellow hue that just doesn't work for me. This one obviously wasn't from the hoard. I bought this from a trusted dealer who was kind enough to offer it to me before it hit their case as they thought I might love owning it. Bill Shamhart and Christine Monk were correct.

While this wasn't my target grade it was everything else I ever wanted in the Hawaiian including PL surfaces. Todd on pics. MJ

1.jpg

Not surprisingly, that is a gorgeous coin.

And good for you, for not being a grade snob - that might have caused someone else to pass on the coin and by a higher grade, but far less appealing one, instead.

Enjoy.

Nice coin!

I have a question, since it came from Bill, is it safe to say it didn't pass CAC? If not I wonder why?

Not safe to say in the least. He literally just acquired it. It will go to CAC one day with the rest of my coins.

Thanks for the kind words. MJ

It is all about eye appeal and that one has it in spades!!!! Beautiful coin and an excellent "fit" for your collection. (thumbs u

Awesome coin MJ! From the days when I was dabbling in toned commems, I came to the conclusion that finding an attractively toned Hawaiian or Sesqui was impossible. Thanks for showing that some do actually exist.

It is all about eye appeal and that one has it in spades!!!! Beautiful coin and an excellent "fit" for your collection. (thumbs u

:applause: (thumbs u

Not surprisingly, that is a gorgeous coin.

And good for you, for not being a grade snob - that might have caused someone else to pass on the coin and by a higher grade, but far less appealing one, instead.

Enjoy.

i agree, sometimes thats best medicine and good judgement