• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1922-d Peace dollar...

12 posts in this topic

This coin has been in my coin album for more than twenty years, with some common date Morgans. I've been thinking of doing a raw Peace dollar collection just for an album. I guess this is where I'll start, I have this one and a 34 I just picked up. Just wondering what this coin would grade ? Not to sure of myself when grading these BIG ol coins as I'm a Buffalo Nickel kind a guy. It's just tough me me now but I will improve over time. Thanks for the help. I would guess 63-64 but not at all sure....There is a die crack at the base of Miss Liberty's neck, not a scratch. lol

1922-Dpeacedollar010-1.jpg1922-Dpeacedollar013-1.jpg

Theres a major gash in her hair and several minor ones. Chin scuff and some rim activity also grabs the eye for a rim watcher like myself. I vote NGC 64 with no CAC sticker(am I CACing correctly?). PCGS 63

Nice red x Joe. Can't seem to see the pic of the coin, must be IExplorer.

Jim

Edited: Rebooted and all is well. Nice pics, Joe, as usual. I believe a 64 would be the max this coin would bring. Still a nice piece to start your collection with. When you get about half way through give me a shout.

Jim

I think I'm going to have some fun with these....Joe

(thumbs u

Nice to see you branching out a bit.

:)