• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1934 Peace dollar Newp

20 posts in this topic

34PeaceBuck015.jpg34PeaceBuck005.jpg34peace008.jpg34peace004-1.jpg

I think I did pretty well on this girl. I purchased it about a week ago or so and it went by way of Alaska before coming here, from Texas! I live in Calif. so I was a bit worried. Just got here and I must say it does look pretty good. Great luster and the planchette is very clean. One good ol bag mark on the eagles back could be a grade killer. Slight weakness on the top of the obverse but other than that, nice coin. For the price I paid I feel like I stole it...I'm new to the series so to speak so help me out with a grade. Thanks.....Joe

Great looking Peace dollar! Well worth the wait Joe! :applause:

I'm in the 65 if the grader got laid crowd.

No way would I call it 65 with that gash - its 64 whether we have a lucky grader or not.

Ya know, to be honest ya really don't see the hit until you image it. You sure don't see it until you loupe it but it's there. I think the image makes it look much worse than it is. At any rate I think it's pretty and the luster will blind ya. Thanks again for the comments.....Joe

My guess would be MS-64+. 65 if the grader got laid the night before. The aforementioned gash keeps it from a higher grade.

hahahaha probably true, i thinkt he coin looks good, i can tell from the pics it was from GSC, and i have heard questionable reviews on them, but if you paid under $300 you did very good

My guess would be MS-64+. 65 if the grader got laid the night before. The aforementioned gash keeps it from a higher grade.

hahahaha probably true, i thinkt he coin looks good, i can tell from the pics it was from GSC, and i have heard questionable reviews on them, but if you paid under $300 you did very good

I wouldn't buy squat from GSC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I paid about a hundred bucks for this one. This is why I like it sooooo much. Thanks for the kind words....Joe