• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another O mint Morgan!! GTG on this 1903-o

25 posts in this topic

Warning!!!! The eagle appears as if it's going to fly right off of the reverse!! lol

This New Orleans Morgan was absolutely hammered IMHO

Soooooooooo, please guess the grade on this 1903-o :)

1903omorgan.jpg

005-3.jpg

006-1.jpg

Worlds are ending - Kenny and I are agreeing :o)

"MS66" a little more hammered on the left wing and marks gone on the lower neck, This would be a 67

A "+" because the glowing fields are killer !

MS-65 the notch in the neck detracts from being a 66

That notch on the lower neck is a design element of the coin and not a post mint bagmark.

Im thinking high 66 (66+possible). Slight issues but not much to shake a stick at.. the hit on her throat is the only real issue i see.

(Disclaimer, I am by no means an expert.. I just read books on Morgans.. alot of them). ha ha ha

Learn something new, have never seen it and I have a 1903-O in the stash.

MS-65 the notch in the neck detracts from being a 66

That notch on the lower neck is a design element of the coin and not a post mint bagmark.

I think it is a 66 + as well. Only reason I dont give it a 67 is becuase I dont think you would spend 3 K for an MS67 or would you ?? :grin:

Worlds are ending - Kenny and I are agreeing :o)

"MS66" a little more hammered on the left wing and marks gone on the lower neck, This would be a 67

A "+" because the glowing fields are killer !

:):roflmao:

An absolutely stunning later date Morgan & indeed the pictures are perfect as well!

I'll say MS-66 but it deserves a +

:-)

I think it is a 66 + as well. Only reason I dont give it a 67 is becuase I dont think you would spend 3 K for an MS67 or would you ?? :grin:

Sure Mark, I'd spend 3k on a MS67 Morgan , An 1893-s!!!! :roflmao:

Well, pretty much everyone nailed this one. A VERY solid MS66.

Plus worthy? I think so, but I'm happy where it is and calling it undergraded by half a point. :) The reverse is the star on this coin and if not for that teeny hit on the obverse, a 67 all the way. The mark on the throat isn't very visible in hand OR in Heritage's photo

1903omorganheritageslab.jpg

Plus worthy? I think so, but I'm happy where it is and calling it undergraded by half a point. :)

Judging by the slab design, this coin was certified well before NGC implemented its plus designation. If it makes a difference to you, I do think you would receive an upgrade to a MS66+ if resubmitted. Regardless, the coin is truly superb. Congratulations.

Plus worthy? I think so, but I'm happy where it is and calling it undergraded by half a point. :)

Judging by the slab design, this coin was certified well before NGC implemented its plus designation. If it makes a difference to you, I do think you would receive an upgrade to a MS66+ if resubmitted. Regardless, the coin is truly superb. Congratulations.

I guessed MS66 from the first photo and the second one is less flattering. I do not believe the coin would garner a plus, if resubmitted.

I guessed MS66 from the first photo and the second one is less flattering. I do not believe the coin would garner a plus, if resubmitted.

Hi Mark, the second image of the slab was Heritage's photo and I admit, not very flattering at all

Would you still grade it as a 66?

Would you still grade it as a 66?

Looking at just the second image, I would have guessed MS65. But, that image appears to be far inferior to the first one.