• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Mercury Dime purchases.

8 posts in this topic

Here are a couple of new Mercury Dimes that I recently purchased. Sellers pics, Sorry for the clipped look on the 41 but I did it, my bad.

Let me know what you think of them as to grade and quality.

Thanks

Jim

1941MercuryDimejdm1.jpg

1944MercuryDime.jpg

I'm more impressed with the 44 dime's strike, the 44 is found with in an FSB state as second hardest only to the 45 dime. David Lange states as to its rarity,

"Common in all grades short of full bands gem, the number of full band examples is definitely smaller for any othe date of the 1940's, excepting the infamous 1945(P)."

Thanks for your reply, Jason.

Jim

I can't amagine a better strike on a 1944 Merc as I'm seeing with this one Jim....They're both awesome but the strike on that 44 is out of this world!! GREAT pick up my friend!! Joe

Thanks guys. These two are going out to Joe Best to be photographed along with the other 15 or so already there. I appreciate your posts.

Jim

Thanks guys. These two are going out to Joe Best to be photographed along with the other 15 or so already there. I appreciate your posts.

Jim

Bring em on, I can't wait to see these two, they're amazing examples Jim....