• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some raw Washingtons.

19 posts in this topic

Here are a few raw Washies I've picked up over the last 6 months. The '41-S was a raffle win at my local coin club. The other 2 I picked up at a local show. The images are by Shane Canup and I think he did an excellent job.

sc1941S_rWA.jpg

sc1941S_rWArev.jpg

sc1942_rWA.jpg

sc1942_rWArev.jpg

sc1949_rWA.jpg

sc1949_rWArev.jpg

Funny - it seems that many modern collectors do not realize how high the quality of ordinary circulating coinage was. So much stuff has been dipped and scrubbed and fingered that when a roll of halves or quarters appears, some can’t believe their eyes.

Those are very nice. I have been taking an interest in these Washington's too. I think they're sleepers at the present time and will be going in an upward trend. I have been buying these as they come along, the ones that catch my eye, and I have many mint sets , 54 & 55 some with crazy color like this one....Super nice pick ups Sky....

MINTSETPIECES004.jpg

MINTSETPIECES018.jpg

Thank you guys! Glad you like them.

That's a fun '55 Joe!

Super.. 6's + ?

If I had to grade them I'd say the '41-S is a MS65, the '42 is MS64-5, and the '49 is a MS65-6. The '41-S is white, and has that 1 nick by the nose, hence the 65. From what I've seen nice toning will give a Washie a 1 point bump, so I'd guess the '42 would go 65. The '49 has nice subtle toning, so it could go either way.

I think Washington Quarters are one of the nicer series to collect and for many issues high grade coins are still plentiful and cheap. They tone beautifully as well!!

Those are very nice. I have been taking an interest in these Washington's too. I think they're sleepers at the present time and will be going in an upward trend. I have been buying these as they come along, the ones that catch my eye, and I have many mint sets , 54 & 55 some with crazy color like this one....Super nice pick ups Sky....

MINTSETPIECES004.jpg

MINTSETPIECES018.jpg

Here's the Half dollar from the same set....

MINTSETPIECES023.jpg