• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coin pics at Wall Drugs!

19 posts in this topic

So, last fall my wife and I took a road trip out west. We went inside this Walls Drug store for lunch. The whole counter all the way around had old coins under the glass. Here's what we got for pics. I can't seem to remember the city or state. Maybe it will come to me. There must have been thousands of coins. Unfortunately, the pics were mostly from the same spot.

065-1.jpg

066.jpg

067-1.jpg

068.jpg

Yep, it's outside the badlands IIRC. While driving west the signs advertise it for many hundreds of miles. It is quite the tourist trap with their specialty being stuffed jackalopes. Small rabbits with antelope horns :)

Coolness, we passed by there a few years ago, I remember their road signs, "Free ice water!"

Sorry now that I did not stop, but we were making tracks for a log cabin in the Black Hills.

I've seen that Don't know if there is anything valuable in there or not. Mostly a bunch of circulated common stuff. Cold be some VAMs in there.

bet there are some Jam and Vam in there .. lol

Just a little trivia for you - Wall Drug started in the early 1930's during the dust bowl. They offered free ice water to travelers and it expanded into a small town and has survived 80 years. The free ice water sign is a carry over from that start.

I hope you picked up a good luck token. ;)

They have an extensive series of 28 mm tokens they've sold. I'm not sure what company makes them but there are similar tokens from numerous tourist traps from the midwest and near west as well as a few all the way to the gulf coast and points further west.

I hope you picked up a good luck token. ;)

They have an extensive series of 28 mm tokens they've sold. I'm not sure what company makes them but there are similar tokens from numerous tourist traps from the midwest and near west as well as a few all the way to the gulf coast and points further west.

I did not. That is probably why I didn't find any gold nuggets in the Black Hills. The trout fishing was great though.