• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

James joins Scotsman!

29 posts in this topic

Outstanding ! Congratulations on your promotion to Head Cheese. It fits you like a glove or perhaps a Dorito ;)

...A new office has been built with room for two full-time catalogers....

I sure hope he checks to be sure there are air holes. Also, will they have to share the chair and candle and the drinking straw?

:) Congrats on escaping from the Wonderful World of IT!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cant beat james for experience, knowledge and honesty

add IT to the mix and scotsman got a great deal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys, thanks for all the great wishes!

I sure hope he checks to be sure there are air holes. Also, will they have to share the chair and candle and the drinking straw?

The old room had only two air holes, which meant they had to have fresh air piped in from the bagel factory next door. Employees complained so much about the aroma of freshly boiled bagels that Scotsman kindly added two additional air holes to the new room, and that means we can now take turns with the breathing exercises.

The new digs are not quite as glamorous as the press release would lead one to believe. While it is true that the Hallowed Halls have been upgraded to accommodate two catalogers, they forgot to burnish the Venetian plaster, so the rooms are a little dark right now. Still, it's a nice upgrade over the plaid wallpaper that used to line the old Hallowed Halls.

I'll be a little scarce the next few weeks... OK maybe a lot scarce. But once I am settled in and get the Doritos inventory situation under control, I'll have a bit more time to get back on the boards and brag about all the bags of unsearched wheat cents I've gotten to sort for the next auction.

Thanks again :) friends!!!!!

Congratulations, James. What a great addition to Scotsman. Hopefully, you will continue to at least oversee the great coin descriptions that have facillitated the success of Scotsman's great catalogues.

I wish you the best, James.

Jim

Good, but I hear those new air holes draw from the Tandoori 24 hour take-out place next door....hmmmm.

Hey guys, thanks for all the great wishes!

The old room had only two air holes, which meant they had to have fresh air piped in from the bagel factory next door. Employees complained so much about the aroma of freshly boiled bagels that Scotsman kindly added two additional air holes to the new room, and that means we can now take turns with the breathing exercises.

The new digs are not quite as glamorous as the press release would lead one to believe. While it is true that the Hallowed Halls have been upgraded to accommodate two catalogers, they forgot to burnish the Venetian plaster, so the rooms are a little dark right now. Still, it's a nice upgrade over the plaid wallpaper that used to line the old Hallowed Halls.

I'll be a little scarce the next few weeks... OK maybe a lot scarce. But once I am settled in and get the Doritos inventory situation under control, I'll have a bit more time to get back on the boards and brag about all the bags of unsearched wheat cents I've gotten to sort for the next auction.

Thanks again :) friends!!!!!

One more thing, James. I hope you can influence the fine people of Scotsman to attend the FUN Show more often. It has been a few years since they were last here. I even bought a coin at their table. I hope you will be able to attend, too. It looks like that will probably be the only way I'll get to meet you in person.

Chris

A well deserved promotion and one that was long overdue.

My wife conned me out of my old auction catalogs the other day and they are now on eBay. She found a few dozen from Heritage, Stacks and Goldbergs, and asked me about Scotsman.

"Scotsman aren't the biggest but they are great, I especially like the honest and informative descriptions from James."

So, even my wife knows about you... :)