• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1981 P Roosevelt Dime MS 68 FT

12 posts in this topic

Top Pop Gem

I'm way behind with my journals for my Roosevelt Dime set. This is a coin that has alluded me for about 2 years. I started the hunt for both 81 coins, thinking that they should be relatively easy to find in gem grade, due to the fact that 1981 was a great year for strikes and thus full torch coins. About 80% of the coins I look at make the FT designation, which is unheard of for almost all years of the Roosevelt dime.

Year: 1981 P

Grade: MS 68 FT

Registry Points: 2009

NGC Pop: Top Pop 4/0

Purchase Price: Self Made

Out of 144 coins graded only four have attained MS 68 FT status and based on my findings this is more likely to be a very low pop than I had figured. I see many FT coins, but few are FT gems. The majority of the coins, as the pop reports suggest, are MS 66 or lower. These are fairly easy to find in MS 67.

Great overall strike and booming luster on this coin. It looks like it was minted yesterday. Taken from an original mint set. It took about 200 coins looked through to find this gem.

Happy Friday to you all!

Todd

11055.jpg

See more journals by TD Henson

Thanks to all of you who responded. I wish I could say it was patience Malcom, but in reality it was more like frustration culminated finally by satisfaction!!

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Todd