• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just received some sad news...

56 posts in this topic

Nevermind. It was a joke gone bad.

DrRx is only gone because its an ALTID that will no longer be needed since its owner's original id has been re-instated.

What happened? He just posted this past Thursday. Ooops, I meant to type Tuesday. doh!

I didn't know him because I don't frequent ATS, but it is always sad to receive such news. I felt the same when I learned of the passing of Arnold Margolis earlier this year.

Chris

I felt the same when I learned of the passing of Arnold Margolis earlier this year.

Chris

I did not hear about this. Sad to hear about these losses to the community.

I did not know DrRx, as I don't frequent ATS, but my best wishes to his family and community.

Why is someone laughing? Joke or
I am pretty sure he was talking about Chris not posting much ATS.

Sorry for the family's loss.

DrRx is/was me. I'm still alive and well people.

Thanks for the attempt at comic relief Broadstruck.

WTF?

Huh?

Confessing to have an altid on the PCGS Forums can get you bammed yet again!

But then, there once was a time that once bammed/always bammed was the rule. Until Mark got resurrected.

I felt the same when I learned of the passing of Arnold Margolis earlier this year.

Chris

I did not hear about this. Sad to hear about these losses to the community.

I did not know DrRx, as I don't frequent ATS, but my best wishes to his family and community.

For those of you who may have missed it, here is a link to the tribute to Arnold Margolis written by Fred Weinberg.

http://www.numismaticnews.net/article/pioneer-in-error-field-dies

I'm terrible sorry but with all the members we've lost lately here and ATS, I don't find this amusing!
I agree. This would not even be a suitable joke for April Fools Day. Death is not something you joke about. Hopefully, the OP has learned a lesson here.

Huh?

But then, there once was a time that once bammed/always bammed was the rule. Until Mark got resurrected.

I am not certain that particular resurrection lasted 2,000 + years, or that a beneficial change was obtained by the resurrection you mention..

Some rules should be broken.

Then again, maybe there was a benefit obtained for this side of the street....

It seems to me that the numismatic beliefs of all are welcome on this side of the street, whether one believes in resurrection or not.

We seem to welcome the "bamned" here, and that is a good thing... Constitution and all.

Respectfully,

John Curlis

I'm terrible sorry but with all the members we've lost lately here and ATS, I don't find this amusing!
I agree. This would not even be a suitable joke for April Fools Day. Death is not something you joke about. Hopefully, the OP has learned a lesson here.

I agree. :facepalm:

Is this real? I do know DrRx and I just spoke with him like two days ago! I also know him by another name. So, is this true?....Joe

DrRX is gone but Ankur is back..no worries......

Huh?

I am not certain that particular resurrection lasted 2,000 + years, or that a beneficial change was obtained by the resurrection you mention..

Some rules should be broken.

Then again, maybe there was a benefit obtained for this side of the street....

It seems to me that the numismatic beliefs of all are welcome on this side of the street, whether one believes in resurrection or not.

We seem to welcome the "bamned" here, and that is a good thing... Constitution and all.

Respectfully,

John Curlis

Be that as it may be, I could almost guarantee that this "unbamming" will cause the ex-bammee to spend more time ATS.

Is this real? I do know DrRx and I just spoke with him like two days ago! I also know him by another name. So, is this true?....Joe
Not in the least bit True.

Broadstruck was attempting to be humorous.

An attempt that failed miserably.

An attempt that failed miserably.

Well I'm sure glad to here that....I get the joke now, I'm a little slow at times...

Don't worry Joe. I'm slower than you as I'm still clueless about what this was all about. :insane:

jom

I think this all could be avoided if the internet banned the use of (made-up) usernames and forced everyone to use their real name and Social Security #.

Chris :devil:

I think this all could be avoided if the internet banned the use of (made-up) usernames and forced everyone to use their real name and Social Security #.

Chris, you can be the first. I already have your address :devil:

18-52-47-788

Oh, sorry! That was my draft card.

KPS110009318

Nope! That was my 1980 Datsun 200SX

I can't remember!

18-52-47-788

Oh, sorry! That was my draft card.

KPS110009318

Nope! That was my 1980 Datsun 200SX

I can't remember!

Darn, I need a new credit card! lol