• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grades are in..........Have a guess. ***Revealed***

13 posts in this topic

MS 65

Au 58 - I like the coin . Lack of Luster = Au 55 . I know ANACS graded this Au 50 back in the early days .

Au 58

MS 65 FH

Ok, here it is along with my thoughts.

1932 S I bought this coin raw on Ebay, I was expecting MS62 and PCGS gave it a 63.

1858 SLH PCGS graded this MS62. I was expecting AU58.

1818 CBH PCGS graded this coin MS62. I was expecting AU58.

1929 SLQ. This coin Genied for cleaning. I won't argue the coin has been dipped, but there are no hairlines to indicate an abrasive cleaning and the luster is enough to warrant a 63 in my opinion. It may be a case of "Which one of these is not like the others?" The other 3 coins are nice and original and they probably scrutinized this coin more because of it's unoriginal surfaces. I thought the coin would go 63FH.

All in all , I'm happy with the submission, at least the least expensive coin was the one that bagged.

Ok, here it is along with my thoughts.

1932 S I bought this coin raw on Ebay, I was expecting MS62 and PCGS gave it a 63.

1858 SLH PCGS graded this MS62. I was expecting AU58.

1818 CBH PCGS graded this coin MS62. I was expecting AU58.

1929 SLQ. This coin Genied for cleaning. I won't argue the coin has been dipped, but there are no hairlines to indicate an abrasive cleaning and the lister is enough to warrant a 63 in my opinion. It may be a case of "Which one of these is not like the others?" The other 3 coins are nice and original and they probably scrutinized this coin more because of it's unoriginal surfaces. I thought the coin would go 63FH.

All in all , I'm happy with the submission, at least the least expensive coin was the one that bagged.

If you look back when you first posted that Bust Half I said Au 58 - MS 63 .

when you posted that grade with the old ANACS cert I was very surprised it was Au 50.

MS 62 it is , I have a 1817 that is similar graded MS 62 by NGC.

Would have to see that SLQ in hand - dipped for sure but bagged for cleaning ??

I'd have to see those half dollars in hand, but I'm almost certain this is a case of market grading. They are gorgeous, high quality coins, but the pictures clearly (at least to me, anyways) show wear on the high points. Thus, I would say they are AU-62.

The SLQ may be spot cleaned? The entire coin does not look cleaned.

+1 on the halfs, they look AU62 to me also. These quantum shifts, two grades right with market grading every few years are taking their toll on my brain's ability to sum all of the adjustments being added to what I really think grades are, maybe are, would be someday, were once upon a time. They are nice halfs, BTW.