• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

canadian gov't is getting rid of penny

6 posts in this topic

I think even if the US stopped producing the penny they would long be used as they are today for decades to come without anyone much noticing.

I can't remember the last time I got a penny in change that is the new design.

That is because all of the 2.5 million Canadian's who live just north of me, spend all their money down here in the US! I get more of their pennies than I do ours in change.

That is because all of the 2.5 million Canadian's who live just north of me, spend all their money down here in the US! I get more of their pennies than I do ours in change.

I live in Florida and I have had Canadian pennies, dimes and quarters as change and WORSE in a roll from a bank! I bought a $50 bank bag of pennies from a TD bank here and there were 4 U.S. dimes, 70+ canadian cents, and 1 Euro cent. The Euro penny was a shocker to me and it was neat. I have never had one in hand or did I ever expect to get one from a U.S. bank.

I don't mind getting one or two Canadian pennies in a roll of Lincoln pennies, I put them in a plastic coin tube and keep them for a while. But It makes me question the bank tellers education. I know the are similar in size, shape and color, BUT what REALLY flusters me is that the Tellers wrap Canadian pennies in a roll with U.S. pennies for a business owner to get for their register, or for a coin collector to buy for searching, but then when I use the Canadian cent to pay correct change for my gas and smokes, the cashier wont take it, nor will Coinstar machines or many stores here!

And I have tried walking back in the bank 5 minutes after opening the roll and saying that I had a canadian cent in this roll and I want an American penny. They give me the whole "can you PROVE you got it from us?!? :screwy:" I have even had a roll of quarters I got at Stank of America that was 3 THREE quarters short of $10.00!!! :censored: Whos counting the drawers Rainman?!

When you see Anderson Cooper talking about a Florida resident who called the US Secret Service on Stank of America after a customer received a counterfeit 20 dollar bill out of an ATM, Jump on here to look for a post from me! lol