• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show me the HAMMERED coins....

40 posts in this topic

Joe your stuff is over the top! It's what I expect from you and I demand for myself! I could look all day.......I already have spent alot of this Sunday afternoon looking at such nice coins---it never gets old. Keep it up. Don't strive for high standards---set them!! And you do---it's inspirational. You and Bill Jones are what I want to emulate!! SWEET!! It gives a whole new meaning to the expression PQ!!

Joe your stuff is over the top! It's what I expect from you and I demand for myself! I could look all day.......I already have spent alot of this Sunday afternoon looking at such nice coins---it never gets old. Keep it up. Don't strive for high standards---set them!! And you do---it's inspirational. You and Bill Jones are what I want to emulate!! SWEET!! It gives a whole new meaning to the expression PQ!!

This is an awful nice thing for you to say. It's a wonderful hobby and I enjoy it more than you know. Thank you for the kind words it is very much appreciated....Joe

Grant28-DBuff007.jpgGrant28-DBuff004.jpg

anacs ms-63 ....I ran accross this piece a while back at a coin show and I have to say it looks better than the grade assigned. The reverse kills me, not to mention the reverse is pretty well struck.....Joe

Grant28-DBuff021.jpgGrant28-DBuff018.jpg

Now for a 28-D buff this one has a great strike. The typical strike for these 28-D's are extremly weak in the center of the coin, not this one. NGC MS-64...If it had some real luster it would grade much higher because it's HAMMERED....Joe

Okay one last one and I'm outta here. I was hoping to see some really hammered pieces from the folks I know have em.

So at any rate here's an interesting piece as the obverse is just as PL as you could amagine and the reverse, well lets just say it's seen it's better days and the die should have been chucked lol ....But I love the obverse and I'm sure it explains the 64 grade which I agree with. I also like the reverse as it just shows how down and out the mint was at that time ....Joe

1926-DBuff001.jpg1926-DBuff018.jpg1926-DBuff021.jpg

Bring em on....