• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shame on you.. Grade Barber Quarter 1897-O

18 posts in this topic

Shame on you.. How can somebody do this?

I found this online for 5 bucks.

it has been mounted with 2 barber dimes (also good dates)

could have been such a nice coin.

dont look at the rim and then grade it..

2012-03-13191115.jpg

2012-03-13191236.jpg

If it wasn't mounted with the 2 dimes then it would have stayed in circ and been much lower grade. As it is it was a great price for the details you get.

I grade this about $300.

The coin has a lot of problems, but being a better date there will still be demand for it. I would send it to NCS and see if they can remove that solder.

I am not sure if NCS removes solder - you should ask on the ask NCS board and I think the NCS fees depend on value.

whoever made that jewelry did it inexpensively - what could be less expensive than taking some modern foreign coins and soldering them together for a broach ? (I am figuring it was probably made 100 years ago)

you did good on the purchase - not sure why you are buying - for a collection, to sell, to hold in your hand for awhile?

you could list it on eBay USA tomorrow and probably have a couple hundred bucks in your PAYPAL account in a week or 2 - would be a nice margin pick-up.

if you want to maximize sale price, NCS may increase value more than cost, but it would also add a could of months and input cost into your item.

nice with some respond. thanks.

i simply bought it because it was 5$ and 50 miles from my location 1$ shipping.

easy money to invest in something better. im gonna put it on ebay soon think.

Here is the dimes i got with it.

i got them all seperated and he has trying to remove some from the dime.

3 coins 5 $.. what do you think they will sell for?

2012-03-15190452.jpg

2012-03-15190700.jpg

2012-03-15190740.jpg

2012-03-15190800.jpg

nothing wrong with taking good profit quick

I doubt you left very much on the table without spending alot more in restoration