• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will it be as dead and lifeless as the scans make it appear ?

16 posts in this topic

hmm.. that could go either way. i am guessing the luster will be subdued and the toning to be a fairly dark purple/black let me know if i am right :)

those black inserts frequently caused cool toning, but they all start as dogs to be in the black inserts (MS60s - by Paramounts standards)

good luck, if you won that one - those darker areas could have great color with better lighting

I looked at this sellers other Redfield/Paramount auctions scans to compare. This is certainly the worst looking coin...

(BTW he has a nice 1923 Peace $ for a decent BIN price...)

And it looks like the larger more detailed scans kill the luster and dull down the color on most of his auctions...

I dont think this one will be a screamer... but it might have some luster and if Im lucky, (real lucky) it might have some greens and purples on it...Its certainly not a MS60 though. The fields seem fairly clean and if there's no rub might go 63. She has a couple of hits on the cheek though.

Either way I have a 14 day return policy...

I have Jersey to thank for this one... I passed on the 26-S Redfield with the vibrant obverse toning he snagged because I thought the coin would look dull and lifeless from the scans... Figured I would take a chance on this one...

I wouldn't hold my breath for expecting it to show up being a stunner.

As the seller has other paramount's listed and you can get a really good feel from the scans.

Well I got a message back from the seller... It's dead and lifeless... So we just cancelled the sale and I will pay him a restocking fee...

No hassles... Great seller IMHO.

Back to the hunt...