• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling coins with no photos!

7 posts in this topic

Why does it seem that half the people in this coin marketplace section list coins and do not have scans or photos of the coins? Is it laziness? (shrug)

Every single seller in the comic book marketplace puts a photo or scan up of the comic they are selling.

It just does not make any sense to me, don't your coins sell better when your potential customers can actually see what you are trying to sell them? (shrug)

Marketing 101 :sumo:

Bullion sales 101. When your selling for spot it doesn't matter, at least to me. 2. Why bother getting them graded if it doesn't mean anything without a pic. I don't want to take 66 pics for a set i want spot price for, and they're all slabbed.

I have to agree with Jobessi. Pics are nice, but when the coin is slabbed and graded, details are fine for me. And if I need to, I will message the seller for the certification # on the slab to verify the coin and the value. And IMO, a comic book gets worn 50X faster than a coin. I have nothing against comic books, I am just saying it IMO, If I were buying a limited edition comic book that is ungraded, but the seller has it as "almost mint" and the price was $100 I would NEED a good photo of it to determine the value. But if I were buying 5oz's of silver eagles, that were ungraded and in 2x2's, and the seller has them as "BU" for $100, I wouldn't need a photo I would just check the spot silver price. And that is because ASE's are very rarely circulated or over-handled. comic books get flipped thru, corners get bent.

I hope you can see my point, this is the best I can put it.

-Dave

Why does it seem that half the people in this coin marketplace section list coins and do not have scans or photos of the coins? Is it laziness? (shrug)

Every single seller in the comic book marketplace puts a photo or scan up of the comic they are selling.

It just does not make any sense to me, don't your coins sell better when your potential customers can actually see what you are trying to sell them? (shrug)

Coin collectors would freak if they had to follow guidelines that Arch has laid out in the comics section.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1460472#Post1460472

Coin collectors would freak if they had to follow guidelines that Arch has laid out in the comics section.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1460472#Post1460472

Honestly, I would have no problems with them adding rules such as those to the coin forums. But, that is just me.

I am one of those guilty of this. I need a macro lens for the new camera. Not a big problem but just when I have almost enough money--- along comes another great coin deal.

Go Figure!!