• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would be the first coin you'd buy, if.........

38 posts in this topic

........you won the Powerball drawing tonight? It now stands at $325,000,000 with a lump sum payout of $202,900,000. If you live in a state with no income tax, that's $125,800,000!

Chris

While I currently own zero, I'd assemble a complete set of Commemorative Half Dollars in MS 67 or better. I've always marveled over the beautiful ways they tone but don't have the budget to even think about it.

There is supposedly a 1931 South Africa mint state business strike set out there somewhere. None are reportedly known today and only a handful of the silver denominations are known (in any grade) except maybe the six pence. That would be my first choice.

If this was not available, then one of the following pillar coins: 1732 Mexico minors, 1760 Chile 4R, 1772 Mexico 8R, 1751 Peru 8R, 1729 "Crowned M" (Madrid) 8R or 1770 Guatemala "pattern" 8 escudo.

While I currently own zero, I'd assemble a complete set of Commemorative Half Dollars in MS 67 or better. I've always marveled over the beautiful ways they tone but don't have the budget to even think about it.

Do you mean something like this?

http://pinnacle-rarities.com/Collections/HiddenLiberty/browse.html

Chris

1796 No Stars Quarter eagle ... the last type I need.

And without the monetary restriction which I now have I could go after a real Mint State example at a major auction.

King of Siam proof set!!!

Yea, I could go for that, but I just can't wrap my mind around it at this point. Of course with $100 million in my bank account, I could become active in that market. ;)

Outside of paying off my car, house, about $5,000,000 set aside for my other hobbies, and $25,000,000 to savings:

250 Generic 20 Saints in MS 65, 250 Generic 20 Libs in MS 64 & MS 65. all the Texas Halves in MS 65 - MS 66 I could acquire (quantity TBA),all the DMPL $ In MS 65 I could acquire, complete Peace Dollar set in MS 64 to MS 65 (at least 4 or 5 sets), all the key date Peace $ I could acquire MS 63 or better, complete WLH set MS 65, and the balance to USM issues / AGE's, SHOW CASH.

I would QUIT my job (Financial Mgr in O&G Industry) and then hit the show circuit doing all the big shows with a big banner "CASH PAID FOR COINS AND CURRENCY". I would sell at retail only (about CDN Bid + 40 to 50%) and buy at my price (80% of CDN Bid or less). I buy low and sell high. I would also open up my own auction website similar to TTR / GC to blow out slabbed stuff I bought RIGHT at shows thereby circumventing Ebay and their big fees.

I probably would be based in Florida probably living in a condo on Hollywood Beach.

Outside of paying off my car, house, about $5,000,000 set aside for my other hobbies, and $25,000,000 to savings:

250 Generic 20 Saints in MS 65, 250 Generic 20 Libs in MS 64 & Ms 65. all the Texas Halves in MS 65 - 66 I could acquire (quantity TBA),all the DMPL $ In MS 65 I could acquire, complete Peace Dollar set in MS 65 (at least 2 or 3 sets), all the key date Peace $ I could acquire, complete WLH set MS 65, and the balance to USM issues / AGE's, SHOW CASH.

I would QUIT ,my job (Financial Mgr in O&G Industry) and then hit the show circuit doing all the big shows with a big banner "CASH PAID FOR COINS AND CURRENCY". I would sell at retail only (about CDN Bid + 40 to 50%) and buy at my price (80% of CDN Bid or less). I buy low and sell high. I would also open up my own auction website similar to TTR / GC to blow out slabbed stuff I bought RIGHT at shows thereby circumventing Ebay and their big fees.

I probably would be based in Florida probably living in a condo on Hollywood Beach.

Damn, brother........you paint a NICE picture! I like those ideas!!

I would find a way to purchase an 1804 silver dollar, 1916-D mercury dime in highest grade available, 1895 proof Morgan dollar, and an 1893-S Morgan in high grade.

Then I would 100 acres of land and build homes on it for everyone in my family.

Buy a nice toy

put about 2 million in the bank

Invest the rest...........

Nick

I would find a way to purchase an 1804 silver dollar, 1916-D mercury dime in highest grade available, 1895 proof Morgan dollar, and an 1893-S Morgan in high grade.

Then I would 100 acres of land and build homes on it for everyone in my family.

Buy a nice toy

put about 2 million in the bank

Invest the rest...........

Nick

+1

I would share with the family for sure.

Do you mean something like this?

http://pinnacle-rarities.com/Collections/HiddenLiberty/browse.html

Chris

Yup I would take them all - I dont even collect them .......yet :o)