• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your CARSON CITY morGan dollar coins

48 posts in this topic

Post your CARSON CITY morGan dollar coins :juggle::busy:

I think that the CC coins are the cream of morGan dollar coins - Very expensive cream :o - I've got three such coins, and I hope to buy another one until the end of the month :juggle:

http://www.coinlink.com/News/us-coins/three-1876-cc-twenty-cent-coins-sell-in-spring-2009-less-than-twenty-are-known-part-2-rarity-quality-condition-rankings/

ccmint_photo_1879.jpg

IMGP0911.jpg

IMGP0920.jpg

IMGP0914.jpg

IMGP0915.jpg

IMGP0917.jpg

IMGP0921.jpg

IMGP0922.jpg

IMGP0923.jpg

Here’s a photo of the demolition of the rear extension to the Carson Mint. (No coin collectors were injured during the demolition process.)

Carson-2-extension-demo-sm.jpg

Really beautiful coins everyone.

All thru my childhood - I looked thru

rolls and rolls of circulated Silver Dollars

in hopes of finding a CC coin. Never did.

So, I really appreciated seeing the 1878-CC

Bobby. Thanks !!

I have a few coins at Messydesk's now for

imaging, which I will post when I get the CD.

I own two CC's, one in a GSA case and this colorful one that is fun to look at in hand, especially as I look at it today in the morning sunlight streaming through my living room window. The pics do not show the luster evident in hand.

1.jpg

I own two CC's, one in a GSA case and this colorful one that is fun to look at in hand, especially as I look at it today in the morning sunlight streaming through my living room window. The pics do not show the luster evident in hand.

I like the color of the obverse! I haven't seen a Carson City Morgan Dollar with that color progression before.

Here are several ungraded non registery CC's which might enjoy getting out of their box and put on the big screen. Always enjoy post showing Carson City Dollars. Some very nice coins shown so far.

Chet

123762.jpg.9e127f515570723f1c9c073f14120c4b.jpg

123763.jpg.35beef3cae892579ae56c2377837fc11.jpg