• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what grade would you call this 1970-D half

11 posts in this topic

The wear does not look natural on that - the diameter is not expected to shrink that much for a normally worn coin. I'm not sure they would slab that.

I agree. Is this a candidate for an "Everyman's set"?

The wear does not look natural on that - the diameter is not expected to shrink that much for a normally worn coin. I'm not sure they would slab that.

I agree. Is this a candidate for an "Everyman's set"?

I'm sure the intention for this one is a lowball set - to see who can get the lowest scores. Often, people will try to artificially wear down coins like this that don't normally see much wear. The everyman set is graded by highest score, with AU-58 being worth the most points.

I was thinking about doing something similar with a whizzed Seated Liberty Half in my collection. Did you just carry it around in your pocket forever or were there other techniques involved. Mine graded XF-Whizzed by ANACS many years ago, I would like to get it down to Fine. :)

Later,

Malcolm

The basic grade is Fair-2, but I don't understand why the coin looks like the diameter has been reduced. If has been, the coin is a no-grade. Lots of wear does not reduce the diameter of a coin by any significant amount.

It has been a pocket piece and a shoe/boot piece or years - the diameter is not really any different than other Kennedy halves. I might have to go another 6 months or so to get to a PO-01

the start with this obsession is a thread from years ago ->

Reward from ATS

I decided to up the pace and started rubbing it on this buffing wheel type material I have.

It looks like half the date needs to be gone before a PO-01

I will take pics before submission