• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don't Mess With Texas

13 posts in this topic

An Amarillo Federal Judge throws the book at a crooked coin dealer.

Link-a-fied here

A bit of investigation finds he was representing this firm

Excel Marketing Incorporated

W Main St, Patchogue, NY 11772

You would think that this not only fell under stealing, but Fraud also and many more years of imprisonment. You wonder if the seniors ever got any of thier coins back and then makes ya wonder where the restitution money will go, providing any of it is paid at all.

The justice system in this country is so screwed-up, I'm just happy the dirtbag got 5 years. That's why I am trying to completely organize and insufficiently_thoughtful_person-proof my collection so my Daughter, If I am no longer around, can have a good idea of retail value when she liquidates for college.

Later,

Malcolm

I do not see a whole lot of justice in 5 years for bilking 1/2 million$ off the elderly. Paying back the money should have been with serious interest, and what is up with reporting to prison next month. when did the federal prison system start taking room reservations? Not cool Texas.

Jim

You would think that this not only fell under stealing, but Fraud also and many more years of imprisonment. You wonder if the seniors ever got any of thier coins back and then makes ya wonder where the restitution money will go, providing any of it is paid at all.

I had some things stolen from me a.few years back. Criminal was caught and sentenced. I was supposed to receive restitution, never saw a.dime!

I had some things stolen from me a.few years back. Criminal was caught and sentenced. I was supposed to receive restitution, never saw a.dime!

This is all too often the outcome of the restitution ruling. My father had his company embezzeled for $65,000 30 years ago.... He saw about $300 come back of the last 30 years and when he tried to find out about the guy, if he was working, why he wasn't getting any money, he was told that revealing that information would be "infringing on the his (the criminal) constitutional rights".... Not having $ to pursue it, my father was just left holding the bag.