• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1932 D Washington Quarter - Updated with in hand photos

32 posts in this topic

A few tiny hits on the cheek and truncation, the reverse looks pretty solid though. I'm an awful grader of Washingtons but it's a 64+ in my view based upon those photos.

If the piece has a lot of luster, the hits would take it down to the MS-63 level for me. If it's dull, you are looking at MS-61 or 62. The reverse appears to be nicer, but the obverse accounts for 70% or so of the grade.

Photos are just soooooo deceiving but, even in spite of this, I'm saying AU 58, b/c the hair and eagle's breast should show MORE detail than what I am seeing here. Only God knows about those surfaces, as that is another issue ALL TOGETHER.

Photos are just soooooo deceiving but, even in spite of this, I'm saying AU 58, b/c the hair and eagle's breast should show MORE detail than what I am seeing here. Only God knows about those surfaces, as that is another issue ALL TOGETHER.

Many Washingtons look like this. Especially from the 30's. This is the norm if you ask me. We shall see what it looks like in hand.

I would treat it as an added mintmark specimen. There are tooling marks 2:00 from the mintmark. The bottom serif should have the same length and angle as the top serif. On an UNC piece there should be horizontal die polish surrounding the mintmark. The bottom side of the MMK should be parallel with the top left of the last R in QUARTER.

I would buy certified :shrug:

It could just be bad photos though, but I wouldn't take the risk, IMHO.

I would treat it as an added mintmark specimen. There are tooling marks 2:00 from the mintmark. The bottom serif should have the same length and angle as the top serif. On an UNC piece there should be horizontal die polish surrounding the mintmark. The bottom side of the MMK should be parallel with the top left of the last R in QUARTER.

I would buy certified :shrug:

It could just be bad photos though, but I wouldn't take the risk, IMHO.

The mint mark is 100% legit. I am sure of that. The grade remains to be seen. I am hopeful!

As I tend to do I shrink and dulled the brightness a bit to see it more clearly.

The only REAL distraction for me is the rim hit.

Details for the year are typical MS65

Good luck hope its a beauty :)

120716.jpg.828b84963fa23a456115139c95553ce1.jpg

Thanks for that! Lets hope that it what it looks like. If it is MS65 I will do a serious dance! Heck I would be happy with MS62

Totally agree!!

Thanks for that! Lets hope that it what it looks like. If it is MS65 I will do a serious dance! Heck I would be happy with MS62

I do not know how much of a hit on grade rim hits do with this series

I would figure you would know more but as you see it in better light it looks better :) ( And smaller :) )

I think this coin is perfect for my raw set. No need to crack one from a holder now. While in hand the luster is not the same as say my 1934 D, this coin surely will hold its own in my set.

After seeing YOUR new images. I must say that I REALLY like that coin alot.

The strike looks MUCH better and it appears to have sufficient luster.

Way to go! :thumbsup:

Agree it looks at least 64 here, shot 65, excellent luster and whatever was showing on the neck that caused me to downgrade it to 63 before doesn't show here at all! Awesome pickup, congratulations!