• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

new morgan 1979-CC

32 posts in this topic

I'm concerned about that oue. I question its authenticity. I don't like the chunks of medal in the reverse field and the filled top in the "G" in "GOD."

If you just bought it, I'd see about a refund pronto.

You really should not buy key dates like this raw unless you have an iron clad return policty or better yet, but it in a leading company's slab.

I'm concerned about that oue. I question its authenticity. I don't like the chunks of medal in the reverse field and the filled top in the "G" in "GOD."

If you just bought it, I'd see about a refund pronto.

You really sould not buy key dates like this raw unless you have an iron clad return policty or better yet, but it in a leading company's slab.

You know Bill, I was thinking the exact same thing after the OP posted this coin but I'm not real good with counterfiets and I didn't wanna stick my foot into an area I'm not familiar with.

Actually, I was being sloppy and didn't bother to check the coin for authenticity. In addition to the issues pointed out by the other board members, the date and mint mark look off as well. Please compare your coin to this one .

i saw it selling cheap on a auction near by..

he called it 1 $ 1879-cc capped die..

selling for 500$

what does capped die means??

The piece DOES NOT show the capped die. The person who offered this obviously does not know what the capped die is.

I'll stick my by my first post that this piece is a counterfeit.

I don't collect Morgan dollars by date and mint, but I bought and sold them when I was a dealer, and this piece does not look right.

no i did not buy it.

but i was close. would listen to the pro´s first.

are you all still sure after e1cnr post?

if this coins is real what would a fair price be??

I'm still with Bill on this coin. When I zoom into this thing, I see some spots on the reverse like unsettled metal. I think the filled G in God is common but those metal bumps make me thing counterfeit.

selling for 500$

The piece DOES NOT show the capped die. The person who offered this obviously does not know what the capped die is.

I'll stick my by my first post that this piece is a counterfeit.

I don't collect Morgan dollars by date and mint, but I bought and sold them when I was a dealer, and this piece does not look right.

I agree - Having accumulated 88 of these darn things you tend to get an eye for them. Its not a capped die / The detail to the ear lobe is not there but makes it look like it was worn away, like the hairlin,e which is impossible as these are two different surface levels on the coin. The numbers are irregularly spaced

(not uncommon though) The color washed or not is way off ... I can keep going . :)

Okay seeing as you twisted my arm :)

Look at the stars to the right of the nine and on the reverse

Look kinda strange huh Especially the reverse ones

Anyway good for checking in BEFORE buying it

selling for 500$

selling cheap is a relative term - how do you know it is cheap?

there are billions of dollars of coins available everyday, if there is any question or problems - you need to learn to pass

unless you do not care about throwing away hundreds of dollars

if you are willing to risk/blow that much on a pic, you should consider joining the ANA and going to one of their grading classes (3 days, 2 weeks)

The "CC" bothers me and it looks cleaned to me.

Those are what is usually added which is probably some of the issue I had with it also