• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Congrats to Leigh96, KennethF, and SPeck95512

15 posts in this topic

Since there have been a couple of posts honoring NGC Registry Award winners who post here regularly, I thought I would start a new thread to complete the list. Congratulations to Leigh96, Kenneth F, and SPeck95512. I apologize if I overlooked anyone else.

Since there have been a couple of posts honoring NGC Registry Award winners who post here regularly, I thought I would start a new thread to complete the list. Congratulations to Leigh96, Kenneth F, and SPeck95512. I apologize if I overlooked anyone else.

Congrats sorry if I missed anyone!!

Didn't Schatzy win one this year too? Congrats!

and Thank You.

Nope.....I didn't get any awards this year. I know my pictures and descriptions suck so it really doesn't bother me.

I am planning on buying a new camera this year so I will work on it this year!!

Congrats to everyone! Now I know what I'll be doing for my weekend, looking through all of the sets.

My award was for Journals. Ironically, I have been slacking on my journals in 2011 and I think they based their evaluation on my journals posted in 2010. I did however make a New Year's resolution to catch up on my journals and posted a whole bunch before the awards this week.

Thanks!! I wasnt looking towards a win.. just the normal best in catagory. I was suprised when I seen that I won. I put alot of time and thought into what I would write for my descriptions.. then it became fun to do. I did the same for some of my quarters and even my Morgans. You would be suprised what you can learn when you start doing history research on coins/years. I have to hand it to my wife who started the mission of taking pictures of the coins.. I salute her.

For those who won and those who didnt, I salute you as well. Let this year bring us good fortune in our coin collecting ventures! My goal this year is to continue on my Toned Morgan Collection (Custom Set).. some year I hope to win that catagory.. (pipe dream).

Please excuse my grammar.. enjoying a good drink tonight!

Nope.....I didn't get any awards this year. I know my pictures and descriptions suck so it really doesn't bother me.

I am planning on buying a new camera this year so I will work on it this year!!

I know how you feel there. I bought a new Canon Eos Rebel to replace my aging Kodak in May and I've also learned a ton about photography and lighting in the last year and a half. I also have some flashes, studio lights and remote flash triggers that I've been using for other projects. So my knowledge and equipment is now vastly better than it was in 2008 and 2009 when most of my coin photos were taken. If I could find the time to do and process the images again, the results could be pretty awesome.

I've also learned a lot about Photoshop, but using that for coin photography seems dishonest. :)