• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

5$ indian send pcgs to. got a guess??

15 posts in this topic

Hard to grade from your photos – I do see luster.

Did you purchase these raw on EBAY ?? There is only one seller of raw Indian Gold that I trust on EBAY, that would be Saratoga Springs coins.

Assuming they are genuine and not cleaned I would give the following grade range:

Both of your 1910- S coins look to be AU 58 – MS 61. This date and mint mark were always well struck with good luster.

The 1909 looks to be at least Au 58 as well. The reverse pictures are to blurry so I cannot tell if the softness on the top of the eagles wing feathers is strike , ware or just a bad angle.

@ mark.

i got them from my family

Please let us know how PCGS grades these. They look good, its is hard to find nice original raw gold Indians.

so these is ok to send for grading??

its hard to be a newbie lol

Yep you are a real newb . :grin:

Go to numismedia and check the values of your circulated gold coin and compare it to what a 1910-s $ 5 Indian is worth MS condition.Even that 1909 has decent value in lower MS . That should be enough to answer your question as to why he should have these graded and your coin should be kept raw.

#1: AU55

#2: AU55

#3: MS61

#4: XF45

The first two were difficult and the last one the easiest to grade. I think the highest graded is #3. Beyond that it's pretty much a guess. I don't any with significant luster...the luster bands around the head of the eagle are missing in all cases. Then again the photos aren't really giving the coins a "chance" if you know what I mean.

jom