• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Half Dollars. Please Grade

9 posts in this topic

Hard to tell from those pictures and I a not very familiar with Barbers but here goes my take:

#1 couple of small rim dings and not much luster, AU

#2 very highly polished

#3 nice looking AU

#4 AU, dull

#5 AU, distracting black spot on rev eagle wing, dull, AU

#6 VF

All the ones I guess as AU look dull in your pictures, if they have any luster they could maybe go up to MS but it's difficult to capture luster in a photo. I like #3.

I wouldn't touch coin #2 with a 20-foot pole! I would buy coins 1 & 3 without a backward glance though. Nice coins. Sorry, but I'm not good at grading barbers yet so I'll keep my opinions out of it.

Hard to tell from those pictures and I a not very familiar with Barbers but here goes my take:

#1 couple of small rim dings and not much luster, AU

#2 very highly polished

#3 nice looking AU

#4 AU, dull

#5 AU, distracting black spot on rev eagle wing, dull, AU

#6 VF

All the ones I guess as AU look dull in your pictures, if they have any luster they could maybe go up to MS but it's difficult to capture luster in a photo. I like #3.

Agreed except that I disagree about any of the pieces having claims to MS even with more luster. As mentioned, they all look like nice AUs except for #2 (which has been ruined for me and most collectors that pursue the series with vigor) and #6.

yep.. its a shame that somebody is trying to polish coins..

i just bought a big chest off coins.

all coins you see me posting is from it.

its turning out a tresure.. lol

@ Wendy..

not these but some off them.

but i got a chest with 6 kilo coins to.

here i discovered the half dollar 1904-S

i got the 12 us gold coins + some other us from my granny.

but they are all mixed now so hard to tell.

does not matter because all i s going for sale.