• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An interesting first coin Christmas Gift

6 posts in this topic

With my wife's family, we always open gifts Christmas Eve. Well, she likes coins, collects them somewhat, and heard I like/collect them. So I open up my tiny package and inside resides this inventory.

1.) Old small Anacs hold MS64 Washington Carver 1954-s. Looks a smudge better then the assigned grade, blast white.

2.) Cleaned 1893 Columbian. Based on price tag I would say she got it for melt. Works for me that she didn't get ripped.

3.) 1835 holed Bust Half. Looks to be cleaned previously, holed to at 9 on obverse, nice look, nice detail.

4.) 1901-o Barber half. Nice circ look to it. Looks about F to me. Neat coin.

5.) My favorite. 1853 w/ arrows quarter. Pretty circ look to it. Looks original. Pretty coin. F grade on 2x2. I don't know how to grade them, but it wouldn't be out of line a smidge better.

All in all a very cool Christmas from my Gma in law. She added 4 coins out of 5 that I have never held and only one is definitely cleaned, harshly.

Happy Holidays all.

Nick

wcobv.jpg

wcrev.jpg

busthalfobv.jpg

busthalfrev.jpg

barberhalfobv.jpg

barberhalfrev.jpg

seatedquarter.jpg

Seatquarrevgood.jpg

way cool

(thumbs u

myself i got chocolate foil wrapped candy coins along with a gift certificate to applebees and also some wearable items i needed

so it was okie with me

I like how the dealer put a question mark after "hole", just in case you want to decide for yourself whether its a hole or not.