• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Noow's almost completely worthless experiments - #3 and 4

90 posts in this topic

After a ~1 hour dip in water (but is water dip? lol ).....

Experiment 3- NGC slabs: WATERPROOF, not buoyant

Experiment 4- PCGS slabs: WATERPROOF, not buoyant

Conclusion: It is safe to use water to wipe away sticker residue on PCGS and NGC slabs (except on fatty holders). They will sink in water.

Now that hologram on my NGC sample is cleared up from the sticky residue.

Up next: ICG slabs!

(No ANACS slabs in possesion)

Previous experiment results:

#1- 2x2s are not waterproof

#2-Mint Set cellophane is not waterproof

NOTE: Another member tested a slab, and that slab was not waterproof. The slab was submerged under a sink of water (5 mins), whereas my slabs were tested in a glass of water.

Alternate conclusion: The slabs can be dipped in water and cleaned, but should not be submerged at a considerable depth.

Noow, there are currently 10 posts all started by you and all for the most part useless in this "Numismatic General" section of this forum. If you're not "SPAMMING" this board, then I am confused as to what SPAM is. Please, moderators, save us from this drivel...

brg, I am being a productive part of the boards. From an unbiased standpoint I am learning and helping others learn.

brg, I am being a productive part of the boards. From an unbiased standpoint I am learning and helping others learn.

I'm glad that you are learning, but you often give incorrect advice and do not adequately disclose your (apparent) limited experience with numismatics. As such, I would NOT describe you as helping others learn.

From my standpoint you are bogging down the forum/boards and driving most of us absolutely bonkers. :troll:

From my standpoint you are bogging down the forum/boards and driving most all of us absolutely bonkers. :troll:

Fixed.

Post what you [insert banned list and others]guys want. I have figured out that you just enjoy trying to bump me around, in a most childish fashon.

I'm glad that you are learning, but you often give incorrect advice and do not adequately disclose your (apparent) limited experience with numismatics. As such, I would NOT describe you as helping others learn.

You just learned that the top tier slabs were waterproof. ^^

Post what you [insert banned list and others]guys want. I have figured out that you just enjoy trying to bump me around, in a most childish fashon.

I'm not bumping you around. I'm just recalling how nice and productive these boards were before 7/31/2011. Now I'm on the verge of leaving these boards because the "ignore" function doesn't really "ignore". I still have to see all of your posts and threads...which at nearly 2000 posts in 4.5 months, is a LOT of garbage to wade through...

Some may be but not all. Be very careful.

I'm not bumping you around. I'm just recalling how nice and productive these boards were before 7/31/2011. Now I'm on the verge of leaving these boards because the "ignore" function doesn't really "ignore". I still have to see all of your posts and threads...which at nearly 2000 posts in 4.5 months, is a LOT of garbage to wade through...

No, you don't. You have the choice to click the toggle button and view my posts, which you apparently do a lot.

^^

Coinman, I used to think of you as a respect-deserving member of the forums. With the barrier of the internet you have decided to take the same kiddish road as physics. I'm ashamed of you.

I question the validity of your "experimental" findings. Ask the collectors in Louisiana post Hurricane Katrina on their thoughts about how waterproof slabs are. Moreover, an experiment requires multiple trials to ensure a statistically (and scientifically) reliable result. I bet there are many slabs that are NOT waterproof.

Coinman, I used to think of you as a respect-deserving member of the forums. With the barrier of the internet you have decided to take the same kiddish road as physics. I'm ashamed of you.

Noow, I previously tolerated your antics until you began libeling another forum member on a now deleted NGC thread. Moreover, you got involved in a few threads where you should have stayed out of; you had no clue what was going on and you chose to interject. At that point, I lost all respect for you. I thought Physics was a little harsh at first, but I see that he was dead on all along. I will refrain from posting to this thread any longer (and probably the rest of your threads).

I question the validity of your "experimental" findings. Ask the collectors in Louisiana post Hurricane Katrina on their thoughts about how waterproof slabs are. Moreover, an experiment requires multiple trials to ensure a statistically (and scientifically) reliable result. I bet there are many slabs that are NOT waterproof.

I don't advise anyone to soak their slabs based on these tests. doh!

During Katrina, many people were killed. Why? Flying debris and collapsing buildings. My test does NOT ensure physical damage resistance.

Noow, I previously tolerated your antics until you began libeling another forum member on a now deleted NGC thread. Moreover, you got involved in a few threads where you should have stayed out of; you had no clue what was going on and you chose to interject. At that point, I lost all respect for you. I thought Physics was a little harsh at first, but I see that he was dead on all along. I will refrain from posting to this thread any longer (and probably the rest of your threads).

Coinman, the things I said in the thread were true. You know you started picking on me before that occurance, and you know it.

During Katrina, many people were killed. Why? Flying debris and collapsing buildings. My test does NOT ensure physical damage resistance.

You are really a piece of work. :eyeroll:

There are just some things you can't fight.

Please tell me which slabs are not waterproof, and with proof, I will be happy to correct the statement. My experiment was done by dropping the slabs in a glass of water for an hour. The experiment concluded that the slabs are indeed waterproof.

Please, if any people are coming to this thread for knowledge, with a real desire to learn - SLABS ARE NOT WATERPROOF

They are also not airtight. Be very careful with water or chemicals near your slabs.

Please, if any people are coming to this thread for knowledge, with a real desire to learn - SLABS ARE NOT WATERPROOF

They are also not airtight. Be very careful with water or chemicals near your slabs.

I have asked NGC about this. If/when I get a reply, I will alert them to this thread and hopefully have it removed.

It seems some people say that slabs are not waterproof. Since I was testing with a glass of water, there was little outside water pressure so no water leaked into the slabs. If dropped in a pool, the experiment may not have had the same results. I am not saying that the results would be different, either.

It seems some people say that slabs are not waterproof. Since I was testing with a glass of water, there was little outside water pressure so no water leaked into the slabs. If dropped in a pool, the experiment may not have had the same results. I am not saying that the results would be different, either.
Sometimes you can pass a car on a blind corner.

Explain please... meh

Explain please... meh

I can't think of an explanation as to why you post this kind of stuff. How old are you?

You mean like when you didn't like a post and you turned to PMs to threaten to have at least 1 member banned by the mods?

You like to think you can get people banned when they speak honestly about what you are doing.

the folks that you are complaining about are being constructive and helpful and good members. I've watched a number of them over the years and always found them to be helpful and good-natured, but the way you act childish and lash out at them, and others, shows that you have no desire to fit in, but you just want others to do what you want, how you want it.

Now that you have found that the slabs are not waterproof, you should also test them to see if they are gas proof as well. I am sure some members could suggest some good gasses to try ;)