• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Noow's almost completely worthless experiments - #3 and 4

90 posts in this topic

Please tell me which slabs are not waterproof, and with proof, I will be happy to correct the statement. My experiment was done by dropping the slabs in a glass of water for an hour. The experiment concluded that the slabs are indeed waterproof.

Actually, the experiment concluded that your slabs used in experiment are waterproof to a certain degree. As mentioned before, your sample size is way too small to show any level of statistical significance, meaning there is no way to say for sure if the results you've observed are due to chance or can be reproduced with any kind of certainty by someone else (or even yourself).

After a ~1 hour dip in water (but is water dip? lol ).....

Experiment 3- NGC slabs: WATERPROOF, not buoyant

Experiment 4- PCGS slabs: WATERPROOF, not buoyant

Conclusion: It is safe to use water to wipe away sticker residue on PCGS and NGC slabs (except on fatty holders). They will sink in water.

Now that hologram on my NGC sample is cleared up from the sticky residue.

Up next: ICG slabs!

(No ANACS slabs in possesion)

Previous experiment results:

#1- 2x2s are not waterproof

#2-Mint Set cellophane is not waterproof

NOTE: Another member tested a slab, and that slab was not waterproof. The slab was submerged under a sink of water (5 mins), whereas my slabs were tested in a glass of water.

Alternate conclusion: The slabs can be dipped in water and cleaned, but should not be submerged at a considerable depth.

I didn't read much of the thread. But I can tell you this for sure: NGC slabs definitely cannot be considered airtight, as I have had experience to the contrary. I do not know about PCGS or ANACS slabs, however.

Noow has been banned for a week. Breathe a breath of fresh air, and lets continue with our regularly scheduled programming.

It's a shame that he could'nt take some peoples advice to calm down and start learning instead of debating and be-littleing others. I had sent him a pm a while back asking him to change his posting or he will eventually wind up with no respect on these boards. He basically blamed his attitude on others and showed no remorse for his meaningless posting. Hopefully he will come back with a different attitude, maybe a few apologies, and start learning instead of trashing. I doubt it tho'.

That's what I like about you, Bobby - you always look for the best in people. I gave up on noow after he exhausted the emoticon library in his first day of posting.

Noow has been banned for a week. Breathe a breath of fresh air, and lets continue with our regularly scheduled programming.

It's a shame that he could'nt take some peoples advice to calm down and start learning instead of debating and be-littleing others. I had sent him a pm a while back asking him to change his posting or he will eventually wind up with no respect on these boards. He basically blamed his attitude on others and showed no remorse for his meaningless posting. Hopefully he will come back with a different attitude, maybe a few apologies, and start learning instead of trashing. I doubt it tho'.

That's what I like about you, Bobby - you always look for the best in people. I gave up on noow after he exhausted the emoticon library in his first day of posting.

+1

After reading this entire thread, I felt like I was back on the PCGS boards. :)

Mark

You got THAT right!

No, on the PCGS boards, the entire thread would have been deleted within 36 hours and Noow likely banned for some of his previous comments to other members.

After reading this entire thread, I felt like I was back on the PCGS boards. :)

Mark

You got THAT right!

No, on the PCGS boards, the entire thread would have been deleted within 36 hours and Noow likely been banned for some of his previous comments to other members.

:troll:

False statement above :)

It was fun while it lasted. :P

Don't worry, PM sent to a moderator ;)

Thanks! That saves me the trouble of sending Arch a PM. You were given a strike for posting this nonesense. Now, you are doing it again. doh!

Anyhow, I am done here. :hi:

Thanks! That saves me the trouble of sending Arch a PM. You were given a strike for posting this nonesense. Now, you are doing it again. doh!

Anyhow, I am done here. :hi:

Actually I was given a strike due to other member(s) but I am prohibited from saying anything about it. Bye! :hi:

I just saw this, and I would like you to know that that certain PM was not bashing others. That is a lie. I was also called hard-headed after I showed evedence. The first sentence does not make sense either.

Now, let's call it peace for now :hi:

So, you are back to making threats to have people banned again, eh?

You don't like when someone exposes your mistakes or your biasness and you threaten them with a mod-nuking, even intimating, in PMs, that you have successfully had others banned because you didn't like the truth they posted about what you were saying.....

If you weren't trying to be so controversial or posting such clearly incorrect/ignorant statements, it wouldn't be so bad, but to post veiled, or even not so veiled, threats to get others banned because they expose your ignorance? Weak!

You have proven that you don't understand many of the, what should be, simple concepts....such as the similarity (and differences) of what "waterproof" and "airtight" actually mean, yet you lash out and ridicule folks who point out why the value of whether or not a slab is airtight is germaine to a discussion on whether the slab would be watertight or not.

I believe I also posted, previously, that you should talk to those that had slabbed coins and went through Hurricane Katrina in the New Orleans area. A lot of them learned, the hardway, on whether or not (NOT! being the key answer) slabs are waterproof.

Also, you must be very young and inexperienced or you would not be using the term "waterproof" anyway. Water-resistant being better wording....and why the difference between them. Hint: Go look for "waterproof" and "water resistant" watches and see what they are talking about.

So many folks have tried to guide you from being very misinformed but rather than accept the help/guidance, you lash out. Understanding that things can be done for fun, you seem to want to just run your post count up, get in arguments, and use be 3+ syllable words that are out of context/inappropriate for your usage.

I feel for those that continue to try to help you understand so you can grow, because you apparently have no desire to learn or be helped...rather, it is all about being combative and lashing out.

I can't wait for school to resume and basic education to improve.

I will not comment on a fallacied post made above by Bochi.

My age can be calculated using my birthyear, if not, I'm not giving out personal information unless I want to.

My age can be calculated using my birthyear, if not, I'm not giving out personal information unless I want to.

I thought NGC would only allow you to post if you were age 13 or older. I have had more intellectual conversations with a 3 year old, and I'm guessing that you're in grade school at best. As such, the rules would seemingly preclude you from posting.

:rulez:

Given the legal implications of an underage poster, I would think NGC would want to remove you from the membership roster for legal reasons alone.

I thought NGC would only allow you to post if you were age 13 or older. I have had more intellectual conversations with a 3 year old, and I'm guessing that you're in grade school at best. As such, the rules would seemingly preclude you from posting. :rulez:

Given the legal implications of an underage poster, I would think NGC would want to remove you from the membership roster for legal reasons alone.

However, you do not know my real age. My birthday is stored in the website but not shown to the public forums so whomever runs the forums may know my real age.

:makepoint:

I thought NGC would only allow you to post if you were age 13 or older. I have had more intellectual conversations with a 3 year old, and I'm guessing that you're in grade school at best. As such, the rules would seemingly preclude you from posting. :rulez:

However, you do not know my real age. My birthday is stored in the website but not shown to the public forums so whomever runs the forums may know my real age.

In addition, the forums will only allow new members in after they type in their birthdays so all members here are above a certain age.

In addition, the forums will only allow new members in after they type in their birthdays so all members here are above a certain age.

...and we all know what adolescents never lie about their age to gain access to websites and forums, right.......?

...and we all know what adolescents never lie about their age to gain access to websites and forums, right.......?

Hahaha, I see you are pulling up somewhat possible but unlikely scenarios out of the blue. Believe what you wish, the info is all there :)

Hahaha, I see you are pulling up somewhat possible but unlikely scenarios out of the blue. Believe what you wish, the info is all there :)

Please come back once you reach puberty! Maybe we can have an intellectual discussion together then. meh

Please come back once you reach puberty! Maybe we can have an intellectual discussion together then. meh

Puberty? That sure was a while ago... I didn't know you were THAT young lol

After reading these experiments threads I am left with one conclusion.

Suicide by Moderator!

+1

Moderators, please please stop this drivel. The boards were OH SO NICE for the 7 days of noow strike time. :(

I just saw this, and I would like you to know that that certain PM was not bashing others. That is a lie. I was also called hard-headed after I showed evedence. The first sentence does not make sense either.

My words DO NOT state that you bashed others. It states that you blamed your attitude on others. I don't like to be called a liar and this just shows me your immaturity and lack of respect for other individuals. I guess I was hoping that you could possibly become a productive member of these boards but I have found out that I was wrong. I wipe my hands of you also as have the majority of this forums members have already done! :frustrated:

My words DO NOT state that you bashed others. It states that you blamed your attitude on others. I don't like to be called a liar and this just shows me your immaturity and lack of respect for other individuals. I guess I was hoping that you could possibly become a productive member of these boards but I have found out that I was wrong. I wipe my hands of you also as have the majority of this forums members have already done! :frustrated:

Yes, you sayed that I belittled others, when in fact you have called me "the youngest YN". I was not calling you a liar, but both ways the truth is the truth.

Believe me, I do not blame you completely for disliking me or saying false things but I am not aloowed to speak of that.